Pacific U - Roll Call and Info thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys - this can be the spot we use to give our introductions and status updates... I am very interested in getting to know everyone!

My nick is Aboveliquidice, but my real name is Seth. I live in orlando FL, and I just completed my Pharm Prereqs... Being a former Marine, I'm just here to have fun and maybe make a career for myself. I attend the University of Florida, working towards my BS.

Pacific is def my first choice (from the first time I talked to Vanessa) - I have finished the online APP, and I am now waiting on LOR's to send in the rest of the info...

- so lets get to know each other - very informal, just talk about whatever

~Above~

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also applying to Pacific. Haven't yet finished my online application, and still waiting on a pharmacist reccommendation. Getting the 40 hours of required pharmacy experience was tough for me, but I finally got a spot volunteering at a local hospital pharmacy, so I'm building my hours at 4/week! I will be attending the Pharmacy open house next month. Any other attendees?

Pharm47 said:
I'm also applying to Pacific. Haven't yet finished my online application, and still waiting on a pharmacist reccommendation. Getting the 40 hours of required pharmacy experience was tough for me, but I finally got a spot volunteering at a local hospital pharmacy, so I'm building my hours at 4/week! I will be attending the Pharmacy open house next month. Any other attendees?

can the 40 hours be shadowing or does it need to be volunteering?

Members don't see this ad :)
gsinccom said:
can the 40 hours be shadowing or does it need to be volunteering?

40 hours of direct pharmacy experience. I think it can be shadowing, volunteering, or working in a pharmacy.

Pharm47 is right - it can be any of the above. They are looking for knowledge of Pharmacy - so however you choose to go about getting it should work fine. I just had my 2nd and 3rd interview for Shands Hospital today. Man - Shands is way bigger than the first hospital I volunteered/worked at... I'm jealous Pharm47, I would love to go to the open house - do you think they provide complimentry cross country flights for the open house???

~above~

aboveliquidice said:
Pharm47 is right - it can be any of the above. They are looking for knowledge of Pharmacy - so however you choose to go about getting it should work fine. I just had my 2nd and 3rd interview for Shands Hospital today. Man - Shands is way bigger than the first hospital I volunteered/worked at... I'm jealous Pharm47, I would love to go to the open house - do you think they provide complimentry cross country flights for the open house???

~above~

Probably...not. Haha...but I'll make sure to report back afterward with any interesting tidbits of information, for all those that can't make it!

Pharm47 said:
Probably...not. Haha...but I'll make sure to report back afterward with any interesting tidbits of information, for all those that can't make it!

Name: Mike
Degree: BS in Mech Eng at PENN STATE!!!
Cum GPA: 3.46
Experience: 6 Months of professional engineering experience, and definitely over the 40 hours of required pharmacy experience.

I think we should do something like what I just did. Just to see what we are up against and besides its not like we are the ones who are making the decisions as to who will make it in or not. :cool:
Hope to see you guys all in the first interview session. Still waiting for my LOR's

anfhockey10 said:
Name: Mike
Degree: BS in Mech Eng at PENN STATE!!!
Cum GPA: 3.46
Experience: 6 Months of professional engineering experience, and definitely over the 40 hours of required pharmacy experience.

I think we should do something like what I just did. Just to see what we are up against and besides its not like we are the ones who are making the decisions as to who will make it in or not. :cool:
Hope to see you guys all in the first interview session. Still waiting for my LOR's

I think I'm just paranoid that adcoms read these forums...did you see the UW thread? I think my info's out on another thread anyway...

So in order to compute my Last 45 GPA, I converted everything to semester credits, divided between grades etc. Here's my issue...if I actually take whole classes, I end up with 48 credits. If I take the last class off, its 44. I'm having an ethical dilemna. If I divide a course up (aka only use 1 credit so I get an even 45 credits), I have a choice of using part of an A- course, and part of an A course (took both in the same term). Obviously I'd rather use the entire A course, and only 1 of the 4 credits of the A-, but I'm not sure this is OK. Anyone else have this problem? I want to email Vanessa about it, but I'm not sure how to explain it clearly. This post might not make any sense for example!

Thats a tough one... I think it would be best to contact Vanessa and do the q & a. That way, no matter what you put down - it was approved by Ms. Dillman. Most likely, it wont make that huge of a difference anyways... What really hurt me was my only B in the last 45 hours was an 89.3, and no B+'s at my school... ouch

Pharm47 said:
So in order to compute my Last 45 GPA, I converted everything to semester credits, divided between grades etc. Here's my issue...if I actually take whole classes, I end up with 48 credits. If I take the last class off, its 44. I'm having an ethical dilemna. If I divide a course up (aka only use 1 credit so I get an even 45 credits), I have a choice of using part of an A- course, and part of an A course (took both in the same term). Obviously I'd rather use the entire A course, and only 1 of the 4 credits of the A-, but I'm not sure this is OK. Anyone else have this problem? I want to email Vanessa about it, but I'm not sure how to explain it clearly. This post might not make any sense for example!

You can choose any class during that semester to make it 45 credits but if you cant you can go over the 45 credits. This is what she told me. Fortunately, I had lab i think that made it 45 credits even.

Good info to know - thanks...

So I have a question about the Priority question - what angle did you guys take? I talked about how some change, others dont - but a few are definitely on the top...

~above~

aboveliquidice said:

So I have a question about the Priority question - what angle did you guys take? I talked about how some change, others dont - but a few are definitely on the top...

~above~

I'm totally stuck on this one. I'm afraid to talk about what are really my priorities, because I risk getting stuck in the cliche essay of "family, career, etc etc." naming them in order (prioritizing my priorities!). I want to write something interesting to read, but I really don't know what angle to take. I thought about picking personal characteristics I value and explaining how I apply them to my priorities in life (family, job, hobbies, etc.) I'm giving myself a deadline of Sunday to get this done, so maybe I'll provide a more helpful answer in a few days!

Members don't see this ad :)
For real man - I have a couple of drafts... all feel good, but are borderline cliche... sigh - at least its friday night...

Post ya guys later

~above~

aboveliquidice said:
For real man - I have a couple of drafts... all feel good, but are borderline cliche... sigh - at least its friday night...

Post ya guys later

~above~

Yeah...time to get my drink on. Forget this essay business for the night!

above - this is probably for you because I know you've completed the online application:

did you run into the problem that there weren't enough spaces for entering prerequisite classes? there are only 4 spaces under the chemistry section, but i took gen chem at a semester school (=2classes) and o-chem at a quarter school (=3 lectures and 2labs). i'm not sure what to do! i could just list the lectures, but that's still 5 courses! i also couldn't fit the course dept and number in. the field fit only 5 characters, and most of my classes took 5-7 characters. argh!

Pharm47 said:
above - this is probably for you because I know you've completed the online application:

did you run into the problem that there weren't enough spaces for entering prerequisite classes? there are only 4 spaces under the chemistry section, but i took gen chem at a semester school (=2classes) and o-chem at a quarter school (=3 lectures and 2labs). i'm not sure what to do! i could just list the lectures, but that's still 5 courses! i also couldn't fit the course dept and number in. the field fit only 5 characters, and most of my classes took 5-7 characters. argh!

Hello,
Just print multiple copy of the same page, fill it and attach them together. Mail it to Venessa and include a note.

Or better make a table using a word document and fill in all you need and then mail it to venessa.

aboveliquidice said:
Hey Guys - this can be the spot we use to give our introductions and status updates... I am very interested in getting to know everyone!

My nick is Aboveliquidice, but my real name is Seth. I live in orlando FL, and I just completed my Pharm Prereqs... Being a former Marine, I'm just here to have fun and maybe make a career for myself. I attend the University of Florida, working towards my BS.

Pacific is def my first choice (from the first time I talked to Vanessa) - I have finished the online APP, and I am now waiting on LOR's to send in the rest of the info...

- so lets get to know each other - very informal, just talk about whatever

~Above~

Do you have any reason Pacific is your 1st choice?
Anything good about that shcool?
For me I am just applying everywhere where PCAT do not require as long as I can afford finance for my trip.

Joanne

DannyPx said:
Hello,
Just print multiple copy of the same page, fill it and attach them together. Mail it to Venessa and include a note.

Or better make a table using a word document and fill in all you need and then mail it to venessa.

I read on their website that submitting the application online is "highly preferred" which makes me think they would rather not get hard copies of applications. I thought about just filling out a paper form, but I don't want to get on their badside! That and my handwriting is atrocious.

Please type and sign any thing you wish to send them if you think that your writing will be that ineligble. Vanessa is a wonderful lady and she will work with you to get things done.

Good luck and God's abundant grace in your application.

For calculating your guys's GPA, did you guys use decimals on the online format? B/C when you have units above 9 (10..11..20) you can't add any decimals since b/c you are only allotted 3 spaces (20.) Thanks

aboveliquidice said:

~above~

aboveliquidice,

how come you decided aganist NOVA and the University of Florida? How come Pacific is your #1 choice now? And for the rest of you who are applying to Pacific...why Pacific over USN or other 3 year programs?

gsinccom said:
aboveliquidice,

how come you decided aganist NOVA and the University of Florida? How come Pacific is your #1 choice now? And for the rest of you who are applying to Pacific...why Pacific over USN or other 3 year programs?

Location is huge for me. I live in Portland, my husband works in Portland, thus I would be able to commute to Hillsboro, not have to sell my house, and not force my husband to find a new job!

azncheri77 said:
For calculating your guys's GPA, did you guys use decimals on the online format? B/C when you have units above 9 (10..11..20) you can't add any decimals since b/c you are only allotted 3 spaces (20.) Thanks

I just rounded to whole numbers. Couldn't figure a way around it! It did suck when I had to round my 9.67 B+ credits to 10...but oh well!

gsinccom said:
aboveliquidice,

I know this may sound silly, but I am a "gut's feeling" type of guy. The first time I called Pacific to get info - they were busy and I got a voice mail. I left a message for Vanessa, not really expecting a reply. I have done the same thing a hundred times with UF, never get a response for the first 3 phone calls. The very same day, Vanessa called me back. I want to be at a place that cares that you are there. UF has a numbers outlook, your really just a number to them. I actually worked for NOVA at the orlando site for 2 years, so I know a little about the organization. Its kind of the same deal, although NOVA is better than UF about caring for the students.

I just have a really good feeling about Pacific (in addition to liking the curriculum and staff). All my life I have trusted my instincts about people and situations. It lead me to join the military at the end of high school and it has shaped my educational career thus far. I got's to go with my gut on this one. It wasn't until recently that I decided that Pacific was my 1st choice.

Anyone else feel the same? I bet cha dannypx knows what I am talking about - read some of her/his older posts...

aboveliquidice said:
I know this may sound silly, but I am a "gut's feeling" type of guy. The first time I called Pacific to get info - they were busy and I got a voice mail. I left a message for Vanessa, not really expecting a reply. I have done the same thing a hundred times with UF, never get a response for the first 3 phone calls. The very same day, Vanessa called me back. I want to be at a place that cares that you are there. UF has a numbers outlook, your really just a number to them. I actually worked for NOVA at the orlando site for 2 years, so I know a little about the organization. Its kind of the same deal, although NOVA is better than UF about caring for the students.

I just have a really good feeling about Pacific (in addition to liking the curriculum and staff). All my life I have trusted my instincts about people and situations. It lead me to join the military at the end of high school and it has shaped my educational career thus far. I got's to go with my gut on this one. It wasn't until recently that I decided that Pacific was my 1st choice.

Anyone else feel the same? I bet cha dannypx knows what I am talking about - read some of her/his older posts...

Hey, you are just right. I was there today and i got to meet with the faculty. You really can't believe that we all were chatting and catching up on the school progress.The humility, sincerity and love they have for the student were outstanding. My goodness, the dean stood with us for about 10-15 minutes and i felt so honored i could talk to him and actually hold a conversation with my dean.

Guys, the test of the pudding is in the eating and i am so overwhelmed at the whole situation. Pacific University has a long established track for excellency in education and i bet you no dime spent there is a waste.
Remember to turn in your application in good time and you stand a good chance.

Give it your best shot and don't fail to call or write Vanessa if you have any question. I will always hang around incase if you have any question for a student and i will do my best to answer to the best of my ability. Pacific is there to serve you so give them a chance and you will never regret that.
Remember that this is my personal experience. God bless you all!

Ugh...I just wrote a lame essay about my priorities. That question is just begging for cliche! Poop on a stick!

Pharm47 said:
Ugh...I just wrote a lame essay about my priorities. That question is just begging for cliche! Poop on a stick!

Yeah - I know exactly how you feel - The important thing (I think) is to get your personality to shine somewhere in the text. Of course its a generic question, and I am sure they expect somewhat generic responses. Lets just make sure that when you read it, you feel like you know something about the author. My essays are not long - and I know for a fact that other people can write better. Reading my essays though, you really get a sense for how I feel - and I hope it will go a long way... as for the cliche issue - count me in - Mine is more of the same

Pharm47 - have you iron'd out your LOR's yet???

Dannypx - thanx for all of your words of inspiration. I am not to big on religion, but I recognize the influence God has always had on my life - It really is great to read your insights about the school - keep them coming, I know for one that I will be excitedly following the progress of your 1st year. Take care, and God bless.

~above~

aboveliquidice said:
Yeah - I know exactly how you feel - The important thing (I think) is to get your personality to shine somewhere in the text. Of course its a generic question, and I am sure they expect somewhat generic responses. Lets just make sure that when you read it, you feel like you know something about the author. My essays are not long - and I know for a fact that other people can write better. Reading my essays though, you really get a sense for how I feel - and I hope it will go a long way... as for the cliche issue - count me in - Mine is more of the same

Pharm47 - have you iron'd out your LOR's yet???

Dannypx - thanx for all of your words of inspiration. I am not to big on religion, but I recognize the influence God has always had on my life - It really is great to read your insights about the school - keep them coming, I know for one that I will be excitedly following the progress of your 1st year. Take care, and God bless.

~above~

Hey ,
Thanks for your comments and write me any time and i will be there to answer your questions. Are you coming for the open house?

Here is an excerpt from the web site.
Sep 14, 2006, 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM

The Graduate & Professional Admissions staff will host an informational session for the new pharmacy and dental hygiene programs at Pacific University.

The Office of Graduate & Professional Admissions invites you to an Open House at Pacific University's new Health Professions Campus

Thursday, September 14, 2006
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm

Pacific University
Health Professions Campus
222 SE 8th Avenue
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123

This is a wonderful opportunity for prospective students to learn more about the pharmacy & dental hygiene programs, meet their admissions counselor, interact with current faculty and students, and tour the new, state-of-the-art Health Professions Campus.

The schedule of events for the evening will include:

Mingling & light refreshments
Clinic and classroom tours
Program presentations by the Dean & Director of each program
Admissions question and answer session
Space for this event is limited and RSVPs are required.

If you are interested in learning more about the pharmacy & dental hygiene programs at Pacific University, please RSVP for this event to Addie Cole at [email protected] or by calling 1.800.933.9308

Try and be there if you could and you will get a first hand experience of all I have said about the school. I also do invite all other students.
See you all.

Above: Nope, still waiting on a pharmacist! I'm shadowing tomorrow and Friday with a pharmacist my brother-in-law has worked with. I won't know him well, but I'm hoping he'll at least be willing to fill out Pacific's form. Asking for a letter might be too much, considering he'll only interact with me for 16 hours!

Danny: I'll be at the Open House, maybe meet you there!

Pharm47 said:
Above: Nope, still waiting on a pharmacist! I'm shadowing tomorrow and Friday with a pharmacist my brother-in-law has worked with. I won't know him well, but I'm hoping he'll at least be willing to fill out Pacific's form. Asking for a letter might be too much, considering he'll only interact with me for 16 hours!

Danny: I'll be at the Open House, maybe meet you there!

Thanks Pharm. I was there for orientation today and it was cool. We had fun and we also had continental breakfast and lunch. The curriculum rocks and the faculty are well knowledgeable and I am so happy I am a student there. Everybody got a personal attention and that was awesome.

Tomorrow is the white coat ceremony and let me know if you need any feed back on that. I will keep my eyes open for you at the open house. All the best.

DannyPx said:
Thanks Pharm. I was there for orientation today and it was cool. We had fun and we also had continental breakfast and lunch. The curriculum rocks and the faculty are well knowledgeable and I am so happy I am a student there. Everybody got a personal attention and that was awesome.

Tomorrow is the white coat ceremony and let me know if you need any feed back on that. I will keep my eyes open for you at the open house. All the best.

Danny - Congrats on the white coat. I'm sure it will be an awesome experience - definitely one of those milestones in life you reflect on when your old and grey...

As to the open house... I will not be able to attend - its a pretty long flight to make just for an open house (Orlando Fl to Portland Or). I think I will be calling Vanessa and talking to her about all of the stuff I am going to miss. I really just want her to know me by voice and name - but it would also be nice to get some more info about the program. Maybe I should do that tomorrow...

Pharm - dont let the little exposure you will have get in the way of your LOR - let him know in advance what you are looking for (LOR) - and ask if he would be comfortable writing it if he likes what he sees - and then impress the crud out of him!!! Your the man - he just needs to see it.

alright - I have class at 830 tomorrow - take care

~above~

aboveliquidice said:
Danny - Congrats on the white coat. I'm sure it will be an awesome experience - definitely one of those milestones in life you reflect on when your old and grey...

As to the open house... I will not be able to attend - its a pretty long flight to make just for an open house (Orlando Fl to Portland Or). I think I will be calling Vanessa and talking to her about all of the stuff I am going to miss. I really just want her to know me by voice and name - but it would also be nice to get some more info about the program. Maybe I should do that tomorrow...

Pharm - dont let the little exposure you will have get in the way of your LOR - let him know in advance what you are looking for (LOR) - and ask if he would be comfortable writing it if he likes what he sees - and then impress the crud out of him!!! Your the man - he just needs to see it.

alright - I have class at 830 tomorrow - take care

~above~

It is okay. if I have enough cash I could fly you over. It is all good. I hope I see you any time you come in for your interview. Yeah, Vanessa is just an awesome lady. Her people's skill is quite outstanding and I am sure that she will guide you through your application.
Thanks and I will always be here to feed you on what is going on in school. So far I score Pacific 190% over 100% and that is extra 90% good. Guys that is awesome and you need to see for your self.
I wish you all best of luck and I will keep my ears and eyes open for you all as you come for your interview and I will be so glad to give you guys a tour of the facility.

You can also contact our dean if the need be. He is also outstanding and helpful. Infact all the faculty rock!

Anyone know if the priority applications wont be looked at until Oct 1st or on an on-going basis?

there is no early decision/ priority really - Those that are received prior to oct 1st will be looked at in the first batch. As there will still be 84 seats available - you will have the best chance at scoring one of the seats (or at least an interview). The longer you wait - the fewer the seats left open, the more the competition. So yes, admissions is rolling, but they really only due 4 or 5 interview dates. Those in the first group have the best chance - which decreases in each subsequent group. That is how I understand it - anyone else?

~above~

I am a bit confused on this. Do you have to have 40 hours with one Pharmacist(i.e., the one writing your letter)? Or is it 40 hours total? I hope to actually have more than 40 total but think it a bit much to have 40 with one. please advise.
thank you.

I am a bit confused on this. Do you have to have 40 hours with one Pharmacist(i.e., the one writing your letter)? Or is it 40 hours total? I hope to actually have more than 40 total but think it a bit much to have 40 with one. please advise.
thank you.

I think the idea is to have 40 with one, so when s/he writes a recommendation it is based on a substantial history of "work" together. Unless you actually work in a pharmacy, however, I agree that this is difficult. I've shadowed in a Rite Aid, a mail-order pharmacy, and now I'm volunteering in a hospital pharmacy. I'm barely going to reach 40, so obviously my LOR is not from one pharmacist I've worked with for 40 hours. Just as a LOR from a pharmacist is "strongly recommended" and 40 hours is "strongly recommended" or "required" (depending on what part of the website you look at), it's all just a hoop to be jumped through. I'm going to have 40 hours, and a pharmacist LOR, but it probably won't be that great, since I shadowed him for only two days. Oh well...I did what I could!

I think the idea is to have 40 with one, so when s/he writes a recommendation it is based on a substantial history of "work" together. Unless you actually work in a pharmacy, however, I agree that this is difficult. I've shadowed in a Rite Aid, a mail-order pharmacy, and now I'm volunteering in a hospital pharmacy. I'm barely going to reach 40, so obviously my LOR is not from one pharmacist I've worked with for 40 hours. Just as a LOR from a pharmacist is "strongly recommended" and 40 hours is "strongly recommended" or "required" (depending on what part of the website you look at), it's all just a hoop to be jumped through. I'm going to have 40 hours, and a pharmacist LOR, but it probably won't be that great, since I shadowed him for only two days. Oh well...I did what I could!

Pharm47,

Thanks for your info. I agree it is hard as I don't work at a Pharmacy. My situation is working out just like yours except I'll be scrambling to meet the Oct 1 deadline:)

any others have thoughts on this?

I talked to Vanessa about this just after I turned in my pre-req course sheet. She inquired about my 40 hours and I said I had completed them. I then asked her if it would be better for me to do some activity at a different pharmacy (I volunteered, then worked in the same hospital pharmacy). She said more was better, but that only 40 was required. I dont think it matters where the 40 comes from, nor do I think that your recommendation is required to come from the pharmacy where most of your hours were completed.

For the record, I did complete all of my hours in the same place - and got my recommendation from that staff pharmacist. I am currently going through the process of being hired at Shands hospital in Gainesville - so hopefully I can put that down as some more hospital exp (retail blows). More is def better. We are all pretty good looking applicants (aside from my lack of a bs).

Let us know how it goes...

P.S. How is everyone's fall term working out... how are classes?

P.S. How is everyone's fall term working out... how are classes?

Mine doesn't look good, and it hasn't even started! I'm scheduled to take Anatomy & Physiology (MW 6pm-10pm) and Psychology (Th 6-10pm), as well as volunteer at a hospital pharmacy (T 5-9pm). In addition, I work full time as a business consultant. My company doesn't know I'm trying to go back to school (if they did they would "let me go"), and my boss talked to me today about how we have so much to do, so I'll need to start putting in 55-65 hour weeks beginning in September and until the end of the year. On top of all that, my husband is probably going to quit his job and look for something else - thus I can't switch jobs or risk making any less $ (the mortgage is a biotch). So basically I've been having full-on anxiety attacks, and the fall term hasn't even started!!! The last two weeks have been pretty rough...but its nothing compared to the next year!

P.S. Thanks for listening to me vent!

Hey Pharm... sorry to hear your job isn't willing to work with ya. It is pretty much standard once you get into the professional world that education not pertaining to your job is not smiled upon. Screw them!! I did both A&P I and II during summer school last semester - its rough, but I'm sure you can handle it. Psychology will probably be cake for you - if your job doesn't have it in for ya too bad. Dont stress too much, and def lean on your husband - I know my girl has been a huge support for me.

How is everybody else doing???

~above~

Hey, I need help really quick!!

I want to send my application in the mail tomorrow (Sept 1 postmark), but I won't have the essays done until Monday. Do I need to send a check with the snail-mail packet? Or can I pay via credit card when I submit the online application?

Hey, I need help really quick!!

I want to send my application in the mail tomorrow (Sept 1 postmark), but I won't have the essays done until Monday. Do I need to send a check with the snail-mail packet? Or can I pay via credit card when I submit the online application?

Definitely pay with credit card w/ online app submission. Just out of curiosity - in your snail mail packet - you have official transcripts that were sent to you, but on opened and your LOR's - thats it right??? Man - the more I think about the Transcripts, the more nervous I am that they were sent to me instead of Pacific...

Just checking - def get that stuff out - As soon as I pickup my LOR's from Orlando - mine is getting dropped in the mail as well... Good luck

Definitely pay with credit card w/ online app submission. Just out of curiosity - in your snail mail packet - you have official transcripts that were sent to you, but on opened and your LOR's - thats it right??? Man - the more I think about the Transcripts, the more nervous I am that they were sent to me instead of Pacific...

Just checking - def get that stuff out - As soon as I pickup my LOR's from Orlando - mine is getting dropped in the mail as well... Good luck

My snail-mail packet has my transcripts (4!!) and LORs. I'm also putting in a manually filled out copy of my pre-requisite worksheet, because I had issues getting all of my relevent coursework to fit in the boxes on the online application. I tried my best with the online form, but decided the extra copy wouldn't hurt anything!

My snail-mail packet has my transcripts (4!!) and LORs. I'm also putting in a manually filled out copy of my pre-requisite worksheet, because I had issues getting all of my relevent coursework to fit in the boxes on the online application. I tried my best with the online form, but decided the extra copy wouldn't hurt anything!

Thats a really good idea with the prereq sheet - I am not too worried though - everything is spelled out correctly on my official transcripts. I really need to go to Orlando and get my LOR's so I can drop this bad boy in the mail. Has everyone else turned in their apps??? I know this is a roll call thread - but It seems like we only have 6 or 7 people who actually say they are going to apply :(

Anyone still hiding out there???

What other schools did everyone else apply too??? I applied to UF and Nova - but I'm not sure whether or not I truly want to go to any but Pacific

~above~

Thats a really good idea with the prereq sheet - I am not too worried though - everything is spelled out correctly on my official transcripts. I really need to go to Orlando and get my LOR's so I can drop this bad boy in the mail. Has everyone else turned in their apps??? I know this is a roll call thread - but It seems like we only have 6 or 7 people who actually say they are going to apply :(

Anyone still hiding out there???

What other schools did everyone else apply too??? I applied to UF and Nova - but I'm not sure whether or not I truly want to go to any but Pacific

~above~

We might be the only posters for a while. Last year there was a decent size of SDNers that applied to Pacific...so as the process gets in full-swing perhaps we'll be joined.

I've finished secondaries to OSU, UCHSC, Pacific, and USC. I submitted Pharmcas to UCSD, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the $100 on the secondary. The Cali schools are not really high on my list - I can't afford to live in LA or San Diego!!

I applied to ACP as an ED applicant. Will apply to LECOM, UACP, SOUTH UNIVERSITY, MIDWESTERN GLENDALE, USN

Welps, I guess I've been hiding around a lil bit. I didn't know anything about Pacific and was hesitant before, but the more I read about the school, it's becoming one of my top choices! I havent started doing anything for the app yet cause cali is my preference. ^_^

top choices: usc, western, pacific, uop, loma linda, and a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.