Pacific University Oregon Pharmacy Fall 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BC_89

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interviewed September 29th accepted October 4th (1120 pacific time). For the few applying I would like to say have a contingency plan in case you get in. Between my pension / benefits / GI Bill I will have my education 100% covered.

I wish the rest best of luck and please budget for these big decisions (As I also have been accepted to other different programs in other fields). Wish you all the best.

Any question regarding the interview process: send messages my way.

**Edit: older post with differing title (Stockton Pharmacy vs Hillsboro Oregon) caused some confusion. My apologize, this is now corrected for 2019 applicants**

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed September 29th accepted October 4th (1120 pacific time). For the few applying I would like to say have a contingency plan in case you get in. Between my pension / benefits / GI Bill I will have my education 100% covered.

I wish the rest best of luck and please budget for these big decisions (As I also have been accepted to other different programs in other fields). Wish you all the best.

Any question regarding the interview process: send messages my way.

**Edit: older post with differing title (Stockton Pharmacy vs Hillsboro Oregon) caused some confusion. My apologize, this is now corrected for 2019 applicants**
Congrats on your acceptance!! I have an interview with them next week and I'm pretty nervous because I really want to get accepted there! How was the interview? What was your essay topic?

Congrats on your acceptance!! I have an interview with them next week and I'm pretty nervous because I really want to get accepted there! How was the interview? What was your essay topic?

Greetings,

The overall process was well informative. You’ll be broken up in 3 groups (A,B,C) and based on your group will determine what time you do your interview. Rotations of each group contain a questionnaire from graduates, a group activity excercise consisting critical thinking, as well as interviews.

The beginning has small breakfast / snacks with current P1s / P2s assisting you and mingling. You’ll do your white coat fitting and picture in case you get accepted (pic will also serve as your student ID badge). Small introduction of program with block scheduling / tuition / finance info. You’ll do the 15 minute essay testing your written communication skills. I believe it’s different each time but mine was pros , cons, and my own personal conclusion if pharmacist should prescribe birth control.

You’ll break for lunch and mingle with current students. After they provide the lunch you then break off in groups giving you a tour of the labs / facility followed by the three stations I talked about.

If you have further questions just let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Greetings,

The overall process was well informative. You’ll be broken up in 3 groups (A,B,C) and based on your group will determine what time you do your interview. Rotations of each group contain a questionnaire from graduates, a group activity excercise consisting critical thinking, as well as interviews.

The beginning has small breakfast / snacks with current P1s / P2s assisting you and mingling. You’ll do your white coat fitting and picture in case you get accepted (pic will also serve as your student ID badge). Small introduction of program with block scheduling / tuition / finance info. You’ll do the 15 minute essay testing your written communication skills. I believe it’s different each time but mine was pros , cons, and my own personal conclusion if pharmacist should prescribe birth control.

You’ll break for lunch and mingle with current students. After they provide the lunch you then break off in groups giving you a tour of the labs / facility followed by the three stations I talked about.

If you have further questions just let me know.
thanks for replying!! During the interview did they bring up your essay? Also, did they mostly ask general questions like why pharmacy, why Pacific...?
There probably weren't a lot of interviewees on September 29th right? Since I'm attending the second interview out of the 6 interviews they hold, I hope that gives me an advantage.

thanks for replying!! During the interview did they bring up your essay? Also, did they mostly ask general questions like why pharmacy, why Pacific...?
There probably weren't a lot of interviewees on September 29th right? Since I'm attending the second interview out of the 6 interviews they hold, I hope that gives me an advantage.

They did not bring up my written essay during the interview. It’s a closed file (meaning they know nothing about you: GPA, extra-curriculars, school you attended, etc). The questions are as generic as it gets no trickery.

Since I went with the first interview for the program, I’d say there was around ~45 more or less. I’m a nontrad so a majority were young and nervous. They’ll reassure you to not worry plus I believe a majority were early decision students. I myself was not and found out 5 days after the interview that I was accepted. You’ll know fairly quickly where you stand and they’ll talk about it.

They did not bring up my written essay during the interview. It’s a closed file (meaning they know nothing about you: GPA, extra-curriculars, school you attended, etc). The questions are as generic as it gets no trickery.

Since I went with the first interview for the program, I’d say there was around ~45 more or less. I’m a nontrad so a majority were young and nervous. They’ll reassure you to not worry plus I believe a majority were early decision students. I myself was not and found out 5 days after the interview that I was accepted. You’ll know fairly quickly where you stand and they’ll talk about it.
ok thank you so much for your help!
one last question: did you take your resume/ do you think I should?

ok thank you so much for your help!
one last question: did you take your resume/ do you think I should?

No. Your PharmCAS + LORs + Supplementary App is all on file. Just dress professional and be there a little early. Upon arrival they’ll have a folder with your name on it with all the info you’ll need throughout the day.

Last edited:
No. Your PharmCAS + LORs + Supplementary App is all on file. Just dress professional and be there a little early. Upon arrival they’ll have a folder with your name on it with all the info you’ll need throughout the day.
Alright, sounds good.
Thank you so much!

Alright, sounds good.
Thank you so much!

Oh and FYI, in case your not a resident or neighboring state in Oregon:

If you get caught pumping your own gas (like I did) be prepared for threats of getting the police called on you....Never in my life have I had another person getting “paid” to actually put gas in my vehicle....I was livid and just as confused as to what was going on when someone threatened to fetch the police on me.

Anyway, best of luck.

Hello everyone! I am an OTD student starting this fall at the Hillsboro Campus and I am looking for a roommate. I have two kitties, a 10 year old child, and I'm looking to rent 2 out of maybe a three bedroom. Someone else can have the master and my daughter and I can share a bathroom. If anyone is interested, please DM me! I am looking to move to Hillsboro or Beaverton area to have a lease start Aug 1. Thank you!

Hello everyone! I am an OTD student starting this fall at the Hillsboro Campus and I am looking for a roommate. I have two kitties, a 10 year old child, and I'm looking to rent 2 out of maybe a three bedroom. Someone else can have the master and my daughter and I can share a bathroom. If anyone is interested, please DM me! I am looking to move to Hillsboro or Beaverton area to have a lease start Aug 1. Thank you!

Do you have a specific place in mind or still browsing?

Do you have a specific place in mind or still browsing?

No, still browsing as I won't be able to move until the end of July to start a lease Aug 1. The closer to Hillsboro, the better!

No, still browsing as I won't be able to move until the end of July to start a lease Aug 1. The closer to Hillsboro, the better!

If you have a place I could send the message on the facebook page for those seeking to share an apartment just to have more eyes on it. I’m sure more will be looking closer to July time.

If you have a place I could send the message on the facebook page for those seeking to share an apartment just to have more eyes on it. I’m sure more will be looking closer to July time.

Thank you, I don't have a place in mind yet as they come and go fast. I am also out of state. We have not had our fb page opened yet but I will try there as well. I'd appreciate it if you posted that an OT student is looking. I appreciate it. Other than that, does anyone know about any temporary housing on campus for incoming students? Anything like that? Are they usually willing to help? I have gotten nothing but a great experience from them so far, however I don't know all in the in's and out's yet! Thanks!

Heather