-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pacific University Oregon
Started by RuralJuror
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
im not too worried though, there school and program seemed a little odd, kinda like an ITT tech or Devry school. I wasn't impressed compared to schools such as USC , Loma Linda, ect
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dont give your hope up, I was on the same boat after 1/12 interview, then I got accepted on 2/16 . Look at the bright side , at least it is not a rejection letter
Interviewed on 2/16/13 and got an acceptance call this afternoon!
im not too worried though, there school and program seemed a little odd, kinda like an ITT tech or Devry school. I wasn't impressed compared to schools such as USC , Loma Linda, ect
Of course, you would say that! You didn't get ACCEPTED!

😀 😛SPOTD
they say they will mail it out soon after the deposit
any girls that got accepted need a room mate?🙂
I got accepted a long time ago and put in my deposit and submit fasfa but I didn't get my finanical aids package yet??!! Should I email them and ask?they say they will mail it out soon after the deposit
I got accepted a long time ago and put in my deposit and submit fasfa but I didn't get my finanical aids package yet??!! Should I email them and ask?
Same here :x I don't know what to do either.
I got accepted a long time ago and put in my deposit and submit fasfa but I didn't get my finanical aids package yet??!! Should I email them and ask?
You could, and post the answer here if you do please. The acceptance email says they will start mailing that stuff in the Spring, but please ask and post the answer here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder, did anyone get their package? Maybe they didnt mail them yet. I did all my background and drug test. Im just waiting until may toYou could, and post the answer here if you do please. The acceptance email says they will start mailing that stuff in the Spring, but please ask and post the answer here.
I wonder, did anyone get their package? Maybe they didnt mail them yet. I did all my background and drug test. Im just waiting until may to
did you get a confirmation for your deposit yet? I mailed mine Thursday, and haven't received a confirmation....
I received my confirmation on Friday and sent it in Monday of that week. I am sure you will get it in the next day or two.did you get a confirmation for your deposit yet? I mailed mine Thursday, and haven't received a confirmation....
You could, and post the answer here if you do please. The acceptance email says they will start mailing that stuff in the Spring, but please ask and post the answer here.
I emailed Kieran, she said not until April.
Good afternoon everyone,
Just wanted to share the good news. I too have been accepted for the Class of 2016. I received notice of my acceptance February 27, 2013. I interviewed on February 16, 2013.
I also went ahead and joined the facebook group. Just though you guys should know that there is a page for the Class of 2016.
Just wanted to share the good news. I too have been accepted for the Class of 2016. I received notice of my acceptance February 27, 2013. I interviewed on February 16, 2013.
I also went ahead and joined the facebook group. Just though you guys should know that there is a page for the Class of 2016.
Yeah, I got my confirmation a long time ago. I interviewed on November and got accepted in December.did you get a confirmation for your deposit yet? I mailed mine Thursday, and haven't received a confirmation....
But our question is answered! Thank you, iwant2bapharmer.
5
525329
Good afternoon everyone,
Just wanted to share the good news. I too have been accepted for the Class of 2016. I received notice of my acceptance February 27, 2013. I interviewed on February 16, 2013.
I also went ahead and joined the facebook group. Just though you guys should know that there is a page for the Class of 2016.
Is it an official Facebook group? I kind of wondered about the FB group for a long time because when it was created, there wasn't any student officials (ambassadors) or other faculty from Pacific U as far as an admin -- all that I saw was a random member with a faux display picture which didn't give off that professional vibe. Usually, I've seen pharmacy class FB groups as claimed by an actual representative from the school or something, eh?
Is it an official Facebook group? I kind of wondered about the FB group for a long time because when it was created, there wasn't any student officials (ambassadors) or other faculty from Pacific U as far as an admin -- all that I saw was a random member with a faux display picture which didn't give off that professional vibe. Usually, I've seen pharmacy class FB groups as claimed by an actual representative from the school or something, eh?
I am not soo sure if it is the OFFICIAL page. I found it on Facebook and went ahead and requested to become part of the Class of 2016. I guess well see shortly if it is the one of not.
On another note. How does everyone feel about the 2-week course schedule and a 90% or better to pass the course????? Is anyone worried? Realistically it seems like in order to graduate we must maintain a 90% average. That seems a bit challenging compared to most pharmacy programs.
What do current and future students think?
Last edited:
If any of you guys have been accepted into more than one school, did you have to complete the background check & drug test multiple times? For example I did PacificU background check already, but will I have to pay again and take another urine test for another school if I'm accepted? Thanks!
If any of you guys have been accepted into more than one school, did you have to complete the background check & drug test multiple times? For example I did PacificU background check already, but will I have to pay again and take another urine test for another school if I'm accepted? Thanks!
not sure. is there anyway to check what school is requesting it?
No, you won't have to do it multiple times. It is run by Pharmcas, and Certiphi sends their results to Pharmcas. This is kind of an assumption, but in the email from Certiphi it says "one or more schools has conditionally accepted you and requires background blah blah blah". I got accepted to 2 schools and only got one email from Certiphi for drug screening and background check.
No, you won't have to do it multiple times. It is run by Pharmcas, and Certiphi sends their results to Pharmcas. This is kind of an assumption, but in the email from Certiphi it says "one or more schools has conditionally accepted you and requires background blah blah blah". I got accepted to 2 schools and only got one email from Certiphi for drug screening and background check.
I had to do it for both schools. I got two separate emails and I had to pay for each of them separately. They both had different school codes on Certiphi too.
Hi everyone! I interviewed on March 9th, last saturday and just found out this morning that I had gotten accepted. Just wanted to share with everyone that they're now sending out acceptance letters well before the 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone that was there with me this past saturday!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had to do it for both schools. I got two separate emails and I had to pay for each of them separately. They both had different school codes on Certiphi too.
That's weird. I don't see school codes or anything, and didn't see them when I was paying. I did two of them also, but thought one was a background check, and the other was the drug screening. I don't see any school codes in the confirmations either. Weird.
Anyone got waitlisted like me?
I was on hold and they emailed me during the week that I was now on Tier 1.. hopefully its starts moving along as I don't want to accept a california school due to the fact I don't want to stay here much longer lol
Anyone else's background check taking > 3 weeks? The drug test took 2 days, but the background is taking a really long time.
Anyone else's background check taking > 3 weeks? The drug test took 2 days, but the background is taking a really long time.
Mine has been almost a month and its still being processed.
Anyone who got accepted for looking for housing? Any tips from current student as to where to find housing(the cheapest, closest, and with MAX train transportation)
Anyone who got accepted for looking for housing? Any tips from current student as to where to find housing(the cheapest, closest, and with MAX train transportation)
I second that! I got wait listed at UOP, so it looks like I'm keeping my spot here. How did you all go about finding housing?
Just curious. Is anyone interviewing this on Monday the 8th? Or is it just me?
Today?! Their final interview day was on March 9th!
Did anybody else get the email today? They have 88 PEOPLE ON THE WAITLIST 🙁 This is almost like a full class! I think comparing it to previous years the waitlist seems pretty unusual...
I am in tier 2. 😕
Today?! Their final interview day was on March 9th!
Did anybody else get the email today? They have 88 PEOPLE ON THE WAITLIST 🙁 This is almost like a full class! I think comparing it to previous years the waitlist seems pretty unusual...
I am in tier 2. 😕
I gave up my spot in Tier 1 a little while ago, hope you get accepted soon!
Oh don't worry. I'm actually P2 status from Roseman transferring to Pacific. So I'm not competing against you guys. I was just wondering if they scheduled my interview on the same day that they interview incoming P1s.
Is there any specific reason you're transferring?
Is there any specific reason you're transferring?
Long story short: Halfway through P2, my dad got sick and passed away. On top of that, the dean at Roseman did not approve a leave of absence because school policy states that no leave of absence will be granted to any student who fails more than 2 exams, so I just left. I applied for a transfer to Pacific because I wasn't allowed back to Roseman, also because the programs are very similar (slightly better at Pacific).
I should have just applied to Pacific in the first place, because Roseman students don't get team points on Monday exams. Otherwise I would have only failed 1 exam. Anyways, I said "long story short," so I'll go ahead and stop there.
Wait, one last thing...I got accepted today! See you guys in August! I'll be in the P2 class though. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not an admin but I recently joined to answer any questions (currently a P1). Here is the link for the facebook page. I also read someone asking about this page and its affiliation with the school and just wanted to say that this was created by an alum.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/282125235193031/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/282125235193031/
Similar threads
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
