Program-Specific Info / Q's PACIFIC UNIVERSITY OTD FALL 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AH! I am so afraid I submitted mine too late... I submitted mine Nov 17th...

I haven’t heard yet either and I submitted mine early. They do two interview dates one in feb and one in March so don’t lose hope!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven’t heard yet either and I submitted mine early. They do two interview dates one in feb and one in March so don’t lose hope!
I wonder how the process works.. I am really trying not to stress, but it is SO hard! Good luck to you!!

Reactions: 1 user
ALSO - CONGRATS!! I am clearly having anxiety and didn't say that :X Happy for you!
Don't lose hope! The final deadline isn't until tomorrow and you submitted ahead of the preferred deadline! I'm rooting for you @TNOR16 !! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an email for the interview date of February 10th!

Hey all! Has anyone applied for the OTD program for PU yet or are you in the process? Let's communicate about our applications here!
I will be at the 2/10 interview as well. See you guys there!

I will be at the 2/10 interview as well. Look forward to meeting you all!

I haven't received any emails yet.
Does anyone know whether the school sends out notifications regarding to those who didn't get the interview spot? I want to say it's still too early to give up, but reading how everyone got their invitation already, I am getting scared.

Does anyone know whether the school sends out notifications regarding to those who didn't get the interview spot? I want to say it's still too early to give up, but reading how everyone got their invitation already, I am getting scared.
I am with you. I know it is probably too early to get nervous, but it doesn't stop the feeling. -_- Would anyone like to share what they know about the interview process?

I know how you feel!! When did you submit your app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to you!! Where did the email come from?
It was addressed by jon-Erik but it came from another woman’s email address. It’s really rough to wait... I had a meltdown and a half over it. If anything I’m sure you can call/ email jon-Erik and get some clarity. Every time I’ve talked to him he’s been extremely helpful. And like others said, though it’s easier said than done, this isn’t the only interview and it could even be an advantage to be fresher in their minds later in the process rather than have them forget about you after the first interview.

Good luck to everyone! We’re all great candidates!!

Reactions: 3 users
It was addressed by jon-Erik but it came from another woman’s email address. It’s really rough to wait... I had a meltdown and a half over it. If anything I’m sure you can call/ email jon-Erik and get some clarity. Every time I’ve talked to him he’s been extremely helpful. And like others said, though it’s easier said than done, this isn’t the only interview and it could even be an advantage to be fresher in their minds later in the process rather than have them forget about you after the first interview.

Good luck to everyone! We’re all great candidates!!

So does this mean decisions are not made until final interviews in March? I just wanted to make sure that the students who have interviews in March have an equal chance of getting in as those interviewed in February.

I submitted mine sometime in November.

I submitted mine super early so I’m more nervous cause I feel like they would have already reviewed mine. Maybe they haven’t gotten to yours yet

I submitted mine super early so I’m more nervous cause I feel like they would have already reviewed mine. Maybe they haven’t gotten to yours yet
Oh man. I hope you get yours soon!
I don't know when is a good time to check up and email Jon-Erik about it since the deadline was only last week.

So does this mean decisions are not made until final interviews in March? I just wanted to make sure that the students who have interviews in March have an equal chance of getting in as those interviewed in February.[/QUOTEThat

I'm not sure, I don't think they advertise rolling admissions, but I'm also not sure if they make all of the decisions at once.

Congrats! I can only imagine the relief!! How early did you apply and who emailed you?
Applied when the portal first opened! Dont worry, you will for sure get an interview, they have more than one date!

Yay I received my interview invite yesterday so I will see all of you there next month! I applied at the end of November for those wondering.

Yay I received my interview invite yesterday so I will see all of you there next month! I applied at the end of November for those wondering.

Nice! Congrats!
Can I ask when your interview date is?

So, I got an email last week and my application was missing two transcripts I was military so I transferred a few times. I’m worries that is going to negatively impact my application. As soon as I received notification of the missing transcripts I hand delivered one of them (I had it sent to me a while back) and the other I had emailed. At least I know they are reviewing it? Anyone else go through this and it ended up okay???

Has anyone here gotten any insight into the interview structure, like group vs individual? Or know how long we have for the writing sample? Thanks!

Has anyone here gotten any insight into the interview structure, like group vs individual? Or know how long we have for the writing sample? Thanks!
Good question! The only info I have is from the Interview Day Schedule attached to the invitation email. On that schedule is says "9:45-10:45 Interview-writing sample rotation." Does anyone have any further information on that??

Good question! The only info I have is from the Interview Day Schedule attached to the invitation email. On that schedule is says "9:45-10:45 Interview-writing sample rotation." Does anyone have any further information on that??
previous application process thread dated 30 Nov 16 has a comment from a person who went through the process and it details the specifics of what to expect for your interview day. Pretty good info.

So, I got an email last week and my application was missing two transcripts I was military so I transferred a few times. I’m worries that is going to negatively impact my application. As soon as I received notification of the missing transcripts I hand delivered one of them (I had it sent to me a while back) and the other I had emailed. At least I know they are reviewing it? Anyone else go through this and it ended up okay???
You must be pretty close to the school if you hand delivered it. I applied Nov 11 and I'm just hoping to get the good or bad news sooner rather later. It's very stressful not knowing. good luck!

previous application process thread dated 30 Nov 16 has a comment from a person who went through the process and it details the specifics of what to expect for your interview day. Pretty good info.
Ok I think I found it. Thank you!

You must be pretty close to the school if you hand delivered it. I applied Nov 11 and I'm just hoping to get the good or bad news sooner rather later. It's very stressful not knowing. good luck!
Yes, I actually live in Hillsboro! I agree it is driving me crazy!! Hopefully, we will hear back soon.

Yes, I actually live in Hillsboro! I agree it is driving me crazy!! Hopefully, we will hear back soon.
Nice! You are in a perfect spot! I'm up in Washington close to Olympia.

Has anyone followed up on their application?

Nice! You are in a perfect spot! I'm up in Washington close to Olympia.
That isn't too far either! It is nice to be close, so you are also in a decent spot :)

I'm thinking about doing that soon...
I was thinking the same. I want to follow up, but I am not sure if there is a thin line between being proactive or being annoying!

I was thinking the same. I want to follow up, but I am not sure if there is a thin line between being proactive or being annoying!

I sent an email last night.. will keep you updated on what they say back

I sent an email last night.. will keep you updated on what they say back
Please do! I have been hesitant, but probably will email based on what you say! thanks :)

Please do! I have been hesitant, but probably will email based on what you say! thanks :)

"It will be quiet on our end for a bit. Invitations for our March 10 interview date will go out mid to late February. All decisions will occur after our second interview day in March.

I hope this is helpful."

This is what I received. I guess no news is good news, because we could still be selected for March interviews.
Stay hopeful and positive!

"It will be quiet on our end for a bit. Invitations for our March 10 interview date will go out mid to late February. All decisions will occur after our second interview day in March.

I hope this is helpful."

This is what I received. I guess no news is good news, because we could still be selected for March interviews.
Interesting, so they have already invited everyone to the January interviews I assume? I wonder if they notify those that will not be interviewed.. Oh well, I guess we wait...some more haha. Good luck to you and thanks for letting me know.

I wonder what determines who gets invited to the January vs. March interviews. Does an earlier submission lead to an earlier interview date? Or do they rate each applicant's application and offer invitations in that order? If they already reviewed all applications and have determined who they will invite, then I would prefer to hear back sooner than later if I am not accepted. But let's hope for the best!

I hope this is helpful."

Thanks for the update! I won't even worry about it anymore. good luck!

I wonder what determines who gets invited to the January vs. March interviews. Does an earlier submission lead to an earlier interview date? Or do they rate each applicant's application and offer invitations in that order? If they already reviewed all applications and have determined who they will invite, then I would prefer to hear back sooner than later if I am not accepted. But let's hope for the best!

I'm wondering too because I applied as early as you possibly could. And I have yet to be offered an Interview. I wish if you were not going to be selected for an interview that they would tell you.

I'm wondering too because I applied as early as you possibly could. And I have yet to be offered an Interview. I wish if you were not going to be selected for an interview that they would tell you.
Are you near Pacific? I am just curious if it has to do with distance, maybe?

I don't think they're doing it in order of when you applied because I applied at the end of November and received an interview for 2/10 while my friend who applied over a month before I did hasn't received anything yet. Both of us applied before the priority deadline. Our stats are fairly similar too although her GPA is actually higher than mine. Very strange

I don't think they're doing it in order of when you applied because I applied at the end of November and received an interview for 2/10 while my friend who applied over a month before I did hasn't received anything yet. Both of us applied before the priority deadline. Our stats are fairly similar too although her GPA is actually higher than mine. Very strange
I feel like some of this whole process is just a hat toss .

Well hopefully all of you who are applying can get the opportunity to work in the OT field. I'm currently working in a school district providing OT services to children with mostly developmental delays and I can honestly say that I really enjoy what I do. I would be content to stay in my current position, but I've always had a desire to achieve a little more. OT has numerous opportunities in various settings that are truly rewarding but I chose to be in pediatrics above everything else. I don't see myself ever trying to work with another population, but you never know how things might be down the road. Some of the folks I went to school with didn't want to be in this setting for various reasons and that's okay. There is a need for OTs everywhere! I am a school district employee so the money is a little lower but I do get better benefits. The majority of OTs and COTAs that I've seen are doing contracting as the pay is significantly higher. There have been some OTs and COTAs coming out of school that have been quite overwhelmed with a school setting. This can be a very challenging environment especially if you go into a large school district with a huge caseload. COTAs don't have it as bad as we don't do all the evals, IEP meetings and every other thing that pops up during the day. It is still challenging, either way. Some of the best OT mentors I've ever had were always very supportive, very accessible and very passionate about OT. I truly love this field!!

Well hopefully all of you who are applying can get the opportunity to work in the OT field. I'm currently working in a school district providing OT services to children with mostly developmental delays and I can honestly say that I really enjoy what I do. I would be content to stay in my current position, but I've always had a desire to achieve a little more. OT has numerous opportunities in various settings that are truly rewarding but I chose to be in pediatrics above everything else. I don't see myself ever trying to work with another population, but you never know how things might be down the road. Some of the folks I went to school with didn't want to be in this setting for various reasons and that's okay. There is a need for OTs everywhere! I am a school district employee so the money is a little lower but I do get better benefits. The majority of OTs and COTAs that I've seen are doing contracting as the pay is significantly higher. There have been some OTs and COTAs coming out of school that have been quite overwhelmed with a school setting. This can be a very challenging environment especially if you go into a large school district with a huge caseload. COTAs don't have it as bad as we don't do all the evals, IEP meetings and every other thing that pops up during the day. It is still challenging, either way. Some of the best OT mentors I've ever had were always very supportive, very accessible and very passionate about OT. I truly love this field!!

Yes I currently work at a Pediatric occupational therapy clinic as an instructor and I’m also a RBT for kids on the autism spectrum! I love working with kids and am thinking it will end up being the setting I choose as Well. Glad to hear you love it!

Yes I currently work at a Pediatric occupational therapy clinic as an instructor and I’m also a RBT for kids on the autism spectrum! I love working with kids and am thinking it will end up being the setting I choose as Well. Glad to hear you love it!
It is interesting to hear you have worked in the field, and have not heard from them.. I am sure there is no rhyme or reason and we are all worrying over nothing :)

Hey y’all. I’m a current student at Pacific. I remember feeling lost in this process and pouring over these forums for answers. If anyone has questions about the interview day, acceptances, life at PU, etc, I’d be happy to answer them the best I can.

Reactions: 1 users