Pain boards 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interesting turn of events in this thread,.,

Members don't see this ad.

i warned them....

denial, burying ones head in the sand, is convenient and easy. thats all i have left to say.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
cool story bro.

the rest of your post - pure denialism. good luck with that.
I'm the one in denial. Right. Where exactly am I wrong?

I'm wrong that 6% of West African slaves came to the US?

Who exactly did Crassus put on crosses on the Appian Way? Spartacus and whom? What about Cyrus the Great and Babylon? Who were those slaves?

You're completely addicted to this BS.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i warned them....

denial, burying ones head in the sand, is convenient and easy. thats all i have left to say.

That’s because you are wrong. You have been thoroughly bested in this debate and are too prideful to admit that some of your opinions are wrong.

Similar to when I suggested you and others read the book “irreversible damage”, and then there was nothing but crickets from you , agast, ssdoc, etc.
Not one of our resident SDN democrats would read anything that might disprove their beliefs, even a well researched book by a Rhodes scholar who is also a lifelong democrat.

You are demonstrating that democrats are extraordinarily close minded, and can’t handle anything outside of their personal echo chamber.

Reactions: 1 users
"Racism is America's original sin."

Slavery is history. Africans enslaved Africans, Native Americans enslaved Native Americans, Asia imported slaves from the Middle East and Africa...As long as humans have been on this Earth, slaves have been bought/sold and traded.

Africans are enslaving Africans TODAY. Sex trade, child labor slavery, ritual slavery and simple forced adult labor. This is Africans doing this to Africans.

In Africa, 7 out of every 1000 people is a victim of modern slavery. There are over 650k people living in forced labor camps.

Racism isn't America's original sin...It was just another sin in a very competitive and savage world.

Pliny the Elder wrote about slaves crossing the Indian Ocean FFS, as well as a plethora of slave trading routes in the ME and elsewhere in the developing world. How many slaves died at Thermopylae? I guess slavery is the original sin of the Greeks too?

It was awful, but in no way unique to the US considering we only brought 6% of the slaves from West Africa to the US. You do know that right? The amount of slaves that came to the US is about 6% overall.

Slavery is terrible and inhumane. Can't think of many things that are worse than that...

The US is the least racist country on Earth. We elected a biracial president twice.

You how often white people get their ass beaten to a pulp by minorities in the form of hate crimes that no one reports? That happens all the time. A random act of violence by a white psychopath is called a hate crime if the victim is a minority. A crazy white guy beats TS out of an Asian man in NYC and we give a label it doesn't deserve. In 1996 or 1997, my white neighbor was jumped in the parking lot at the Savannah Mall by a gang of Asian teenagers that called themselves "The Asian Boys." They jumped my friend Will because he was white, alone and walking to his car in the parking lot. Around 5 or 6 Asian kids jumped him and beat his ass because he's white. He was 16 or 17 at the time. They were all late teens early 20s.
Pliny the Elder is a great beer. How about you guys exchange numbers and save the rest of us from the race wars. This thread is for complaining about boards.

Reactions: 2 users
Pliny the Elder is a great beer. How about you guys exchange numbers and save the rest of us from the race wars. This thread is for complaining about boards.
Season 4 Nod GIF by The Office

That’s because you are wrong. You have been thoroughly bested in this debate and are too prideful to admit that some of your opinions are wrong.

Similar to when I suggested you and others read the book “irreversible damage”, and then there was nothing but crickets from you , agast, ssdoc, etc.
Not one of our resident SDN democrats would read anything that might disprove their beliefs, even a well researched book by a Rhodes scholar who is also a lifelong democrat.

You are demonstrating that democrats are extraordinarily close minded, and can’t handle anything outside of their personal echo chamber.
i have been trying my best to avoid hijacking this thread, to no avail.

Exactly.
and i second Pliny the Elder, tho i would argue that it is the 2nd best beer in the world.

my vote would be... oops hijacking the thread again. sorry.

Good luck to everyone. If you ever make it up to the PNW, let me know. I’d love to buy you a beer.

As a former speaker for Prialt, it is a pre-synaptic voltage gated calcium channel blocker from the conus magus snail.

Yep. First question: What subunit of the Calcium channel is it (N type) - 50 questions later: What type of voltage gated channel was it (Calcium... like you said in the question 45 minutes ago)

Did anyone figure out how many we can miss? I saw weird numbers in a thread from a few years ago, like 180 as minimum and 250 as average or something like that? Is that just double every point or is it some crazy scoring system?

Members don't see this ad :)
Discussing boards is interesting but seeing Duct get completely schooled in history is pure gold

There is an ad hominem fallacy with the argument some are making.
Lot of other countries may do internal slavery, but doesn’t make it right or one should dismiss it

By that logic, as bad as rape is of women, should we dismiss the horrible nature of rape because it is more prevalent in another country or get angry someone is pointing out that our rape statistics are not as bad
I’m not going to respond further to this thread as it’ll go on forever without any conclusion.

There is an ad hominem fallacy with the argument some are making.
Lot of other countries may do internal slavery, but doesn’t make it right or one should dismiss it

By that logic, as bad as rape is of women, should we dismiss the horrible nature of rape because it is more prevalent in another country or get angry someone is pointing out that our rape statistics are not as bad
I’m not going to respond further to this thread as it’ll go on forever without any conclusion.
Nothing unique about the USA participating in slavery.

Site down for maintenance. Today the day?

Passed, did BV 1x and 1x huntoon. Didn't think either was helpful. Not really any good resources. Glad it's done though.

Last edited:
For anyone looking at this thread in future years - pass machine, board vitals, and huntoon was enough for a very comfortable pass.

Passed and I thought I failed. Did maybe 1/2 Huntoon and board vitals passively 1.5x. Never studied less for a test. Sort of a bizarre test. Glad it’s behind me.

Passed thank God. Agree about huntoon and board vitals. Dumb question but do we have to recert in 10 years or is it covered under MOCA?

For anyone looking at this thread in future years- board vitals x 1, nothing else. Finished my last BV question the night before the exam, enough for a very uncomfortable pass lol (meaning walking out thinking I probably failed but actually passed. Don't know my actual score yet)
For anyone looking at this thread in future years - pass machine, board vitals, and huntoon was enough for a very comfortable pass.

Passed thank God. Agree about huntoon and board vitals. Dumb question but do we have to recert in 10 years or is it covered under MOCA?
MOCA. no further big tests. no cramming. no taking $1000 review courses and sit in some auditorum with 500 other people who are scared that they will fail the recert exam.

do 30 questions a quarter, get 10 CME, and pay money.

not necessarily in that order.

Adding to the lot for future lurkers - I waited 2 years after finishing fellowship to take the exam and felt quite rusty. Did Board Vitals relatively actively. Got through Maybe 1/3 or so of Huntoon (It was a major slog for me). After I finished the test, I had very little confidence that I had passed but after the results came back I was 80ish percentile. Both Huntoon and Board Vitals had some questions that were almost directly copied into the test and these are questions that I would not have known otherwise. Honestly, either resource would probaby be enough, doing both well in advance will lead to a very easy pass.

Few years out form fellowship. Did BV one time through the month before then flipped through wrong answers the day before. Truthfully thought it was a super easy test, definitely some questions from BV that showed up nearly verbatim. Scored 90+%ile. Never taken a test with only A-C answer choices. For anes, just remember EMG is needle testing and if there is acute stuff in paraspinals it’s a radic, nerve conduction study (NCS) sensory will be normal in a radic. Good luck to future takers.

Few years out form fellowship. Did BV one time through the month before then flipped through wrong answers the day before. Truthfully thought it was a super easy test, definitely some questions from BV that showed up nearly verbatim. Scored 90+%ile. Never taken a test with only A-C answer choices. For anes, just remember EMG is needle testing and if there is acute stuff in paraspinals it’s a radic, nerve conduction study (NCS) sensory will be normal in a radic. Good luck to future takers.
Yea the A-C question set up was really odd. Not sure what the logic is and none of the review resources I have seen modeled that set up.

You got that one wrong.

Yea the A-C question set up was really odd. Not sure what the logic is and none of the review resources I have seen modeled that set up.
Anesthesia tests have transitioned to 3 choices as well. ITEs, BASIC, Advanced, etc. I'm assuming the pain boards followed suit. Review resources have not transitioned yet