Pain fellowships

Started by analgesic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

analgesic

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

Is it getting easier for PM&R trained residents to obtain anesthesia based pain fellowships?
 
Speaking from my own experience, I believe that the applicants in the pool for pain fellowships are getting better and better. I have had fellowship directors confirm this. I suspect that anesthesia-based pain fellowships will continue to become more difficult for physiatry applicants to get; outside of top tier of applicants. In particular as anesthesia reimbursements level off, more graduating residents will likely consider fellowship training.
 
mehul_25 said:
Speaking from my own experience, I believe that the applicants in the pool for pain fellowships are getting better and better. I have had fellowship directors confirm this. I suspect that anesthesia-based pain fellowships will continue to become more difficult for physiatry applicants to get; outside of top tier of applicants. In particular as anesthesia reimbursements level off, more graduating residents will likely consider fellowship training.


Mehul 25,

I am surprised to hear that. It was my understanding from the last AAPMR conference that program directors are giving more consideration toward PM&R applicants due to their interventional spine exposure. Perhaps I am mistaken but I remain very optimistic. 😀