-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PAIN ITE - Your program care? How did you study?
Started by apr27
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
All you need is pain secrets. Memorize book, easy read.
Don’t waste your time on anything else for test.
Now for learning pain medicine itself, not best book.
Don’t waste your time on anything else for test.
Now for learning pain medicine itself, not best book.
I had a great score on the ITE. Lots of congrats from the faculty both in the pain and anesthesia department.
….but I let it get to my head, didn’t study at all for the board exam and passed by one or two questions.
So I would say study hard for the ITE and use it as a blueprint to continuing studying for the board exam.
….but I let it get to my head, didn’t study at all for the board exam and passed by one or two questions.
So I would say study hard for the ITE and use it as a blueprint to continuing studying for the board exam.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
but what study resources did you use?I had a great score on the ITE. Lots of congrats from the faculty both in the pain and anesthesia department.
….but I let it get to my head, didn’t study at all for the board exam and passed by one or two questions.
So I would say study hard for the ITE and use it as a blueprint to continuing studying for the board exam.
Pain Secrets
My cofellow and I took oral boards two days before the pain ITE so really didn’t study much for it and our program really didn’t care.
Lots of fellows seem to like board vitals. I thought it was garbagio.
The question book by Huntoon was money for the board exam. I don’t remember if as much material was on the ITE or not.
Lots of fellows seem to like board vitals. I thought it was garbagio.
The question book by Huntoon was money for the board exam. I don’t remember if as much material was on the ITE or not.
My cofellow and I took oral boards two days before the pain ITE so really didn’t study much for it and our program really didn’t care.
Lots of fellows seem to like board vitals. I thought it was garbagio.
The question book by Huntoon was money for the board exam. I don’t remember if as much material was on the ITE or not.
Yeah I got oral boards around the corner and in the middle of a job hunt. Just not a priority right now
Pain Secrets
Would it have served well on the actual pain boards?
All you need is pain secrets. Memorize book, easy read.
Don’t waste your time on anything else for test.
Now for learning pain medicine itself, not best book.
Thanks! Did it work for pain boards as well?
Didn't study for ITE. Too much other stuff going on, and nothing at stake. Did very poorly, along with the rest of my fellowship class. Program didn't really care, just encouraged us to use the results as a gauge of where we stand, and study appropriately for the boards. I studied hard for the boards and did well on them.
I used Board Vitals and Huntoon.
I used Board Vitals and Huntoon.
My program forgot to register me for it so I didn't take it.
It isn't required for graduation, programs might care about it though.
Did fine on the boards though.
It isn't required for graduation, programs might care about it though.
Did fine on the boards though.
Yes (not as well as ITE- but boards are pass fail)- very hard to fail pain boards. But yes, I didn't do anything but secrets for pain boards and it had enough info to pass.Thanks! Did it work for pain boards as well?
I’ve take some dumb tests in my life but the pain boards take the cake. I did fine but that means nothing about my knowledge good or bad.
It was so clinically irrelevant
It was so clinically irrelevant
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took my recert exam this morning (passed!). I had that same question about MMI. They also asked a ton of questions about CRPS, and seem to think that serotonin syndrome is a really big problem in the real world. 🤣
I got 90th percentile on ITEs, got a congrats and wow from my PD and that was it. The rest of the faculty could’ve cared less.
Boards: I used board vitals and pain medicine board review by woodbury. It was more than enough. Huntoon was too much but if used alone I can see it being enough as well. I didn’t end up using it.
FYI- board vitals you’ll always score lowest percentile because the algorithm counts answers correct when in tutor mode.
These boards are a joke compared to everything else this far in your career.
Boards: I used board vitals and pain medicine board review by woodbury. It was more than enough. Huntoon was too much but if used alone I can see it being enough as well. I didn’t end up using it.
FYI- board vitals you’ll always score lowest percentile because the algorithm counts answers correct when in tutor mode.
These boards are a joke compared to everything else this far in your career.
Nice. what did you useMy program forgot to register me for it so I didn't take it.
It isn't required for graduation, programs might care about it though.
Did fine on the boards though.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 1K