Pain Management Book for NP

NeuroGuyIP

7+ Year Member
May 31, 2013
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have a nurse practitioner starting with me and was wondering if anyone has any good books that they recommend for the NP level to give a good overview of pain management? She has prior experience of working with a neurosurgeon so she is good with spine pathology but needs broader overview to non-surgical pain problems and mediation overview. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

cowboydoc

5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2016
  1. Attending Physician
I have a nurse practitioner starting with me and was wondering if anyone has any good books that they recommend for the NP level to give a good overview of pain management? She has prior experience of working with a neurosurgeon so she is good with spine pathology but needs broader overview to non-surgical pain problems and mediation overview. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Opioids for dummies

aapm&r has a cme video on risk reduction (REMS) that wasn’t terrible. Braddom PMR Text has a chapter on pain that summarizes bread and butter procedures, and meds IIRC.

The intro lecture(s) from SIS courses cover indications, risks, etc. of procedures quite efficiently.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.