Pain medicine reimbursements - ABMS/ABPM certification

Started by AEMS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AEMS

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, i am a preventive medicine board eligible resident currently in addiction medicine fellowship. I have been shortlisted by ACGME pain fellowship program. Since pain is not a subspeciality board of the preventive medicine , it seems that I cannot write ABMS pain certification exam .However, I am may be eligible to write ABPM exam . ( ? is that right?). Can anyone pls provide insight into this matter. What is the status of insurance reimbursement for ABPM ? Is this certification recognized and reimbursed by most insurances??.... Should I undertake fellowship or let it go? ( just doing fellowship and not getting pain board certified is essentially a " no man's land") 🙁
 
Hi everyone, i am a preventive medicine board eligible resident currently in addiction medicine fellowship. I have been shortlisted by ACGME pain fellowship program. Since pain is not a subspeciality board of the preventive medicine , it seems that I cannot write ABMS pain certification exam .However, I am may be eligible to write ABPM exam . ( ? is that right?). Can anyone pls provide insight into this matter. What is the status of insurance reimbursement for ABPM ? Is this certification recognized and reimbursed by most insurances??.... Should I undertake fellowship or let it go? ( just doing fellowship and not getting pain board certified is essentially a " no man's land") 🙁

Been discussed many times on this board. I suggest a search to begin with.