Palm Beach Atlantic (PBA) Pharmacy Class of 2016/2017!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member 1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who all has been accepted to PBA for next fall 2011?

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted early November and really excited!

Awesome!!! Congrats! I guess I will see you there next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
For sure did you join the Facebook group? There is about 10 of us in it now.

Just out of curiousity...when did you guys apply and did you have strong PCAT scores? I just sent my application about a week ago, so I know they have already been looking at applications for about 2 months now. I would LOVE to go to this school!!! I really feel that this school, along with USF, is a perfect fit for me! I'm just not sure if they'll overlook my PCAT score. I mean, I got an interview request for USF, which I'm certain will be a wonderful program, but I'm not sure if PBA is expecting higher scores. I was supposed to re-take it (and I'm certain I would have done much better), but unfortunately I wasn't able to take it in January so I have to stick with my old scores now. Also, is there a particular reason for choosing PBA over other schools?

Just out of curiousity...when did you guys apply and did you have strong PCAT scores? I just sent my application about a week ago, so I know they have already been looking at applications for about 2 months now. I would LOVE to go to this school!!! I really feel that this school, along with USF, is a perfect fit for me! I'm just not sure if they'll overlook my PCAT score. I mean, I got an interview request for USF, which I'm certain will be a wonderful program, but I'm not sure if PBA is expecting higher scores. I was supposed to re-take it (and I'm certain I would have done much better), but unfortunately I wasn't able to take it in January so I have to stick with my old scores now. Also, is there a particular reason for choosing PBA over other schools?

I turned in my app to pharmcas at the end of August and had a 91 composite PCAT, but PBA doesn't judge based solely on scores. They care more about the person you are and the quality of pharmacist you will make (or at least that's how it seemed to me).

While I haven't chosen between PBA and my other top choice school as of yet, some of the PBA benefits include the compassion of the faculty/staff, the small class size, the mission opportunities, great facilities, and they include a laptop/tablet in their fees that is supposed to be pretty neat. The only downfalls are that the school costs about 2-3 times as much as public state schools and the school isn't nationally recognized, but during the interview day, the Dean told us that many area pharmacies recognize the quality of a PBA applicant, so graduates are still seen as competent.