Palm Beach Atlantic University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2582jen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I pesonally went to PBA and I loved it, it looks like a very peaceful school, quiet and small. I really liked the environment and the professor that interviewed me. However people say that since this is a new school and has only been stablished for 2 years now I should consider going to it. According to their website they passing rate for the NAPLEX on 2005 was above the national and all florida passing rate.
I really liked this school more than Nova that seats 100+ students in a class while PBA only seats 75 students.
Guys what do you think about it?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you trying to convince yourself that it's better than Nova? Considering how much you love the school, I would think it would be a non-issue

2582jen said:
Hi guys, I pesonally went to PBA and I loved it, it looks like a very peaceful school, quiet and small. I really liked the environment and the professor that interviewed me. However people say that since this is a new school and has only been stablished for 2 years now I should consider going to it. According to their website they passing rate for the NAPLEX on 2005 was above the national and all florida passing rate.
I really liked this school more than Nova that seats 100+ students in a class while PBA only seats 75 students.
You might want to search on past threads - I remember one earlier this year regarding how religious PBA is, and pros and cons of that aspect of the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
2582jen said:

They've already graduated a class, so it's not that new of a school.

You will have mandatory chapel, no cohabitation allowed with the opposite sex and you will disappear from SDN. I was friends with an SDN member who got in back in 2003. She stopped posting to SDN, then stopped emailing me, then didn't want to associate with anyone but PBA students during midyear meetings. Look at the past year roll call lists on this forum. Find the PBA students and see if they respond to a PM. I don't think they will. It's like the Stepford Wives, but a pharmacy school.

dgroulx said:
They've already graduated a class, so it's not that new of a school.

You will have mandatory chapel, no cohabitation allowed with the opposite sex and you will disappear from SDN. I was friends with an SDN member who got in back in 2003. She stopped posting to SDN, then stopped emailing me, then didn't want to associate with anyone but PBA students during midyear meetings. Look at the past year roll call lists on this forum. Find the PBA students and see if they respond to a PM. I don't think they will. It's like the Stepford Wives, but a pharmacy school.

hahahaha, Dana, you crack me up!! :laugh: It's a good thing I got into Nova then! I am an alternate at PBA actually. But, yeah, I much rather go to Nova!!

The faculty at PBA are nice, but they are strict Christians.

If you do not mind that, then go.

If you do, then consider another school.

I have had so much contact with their music department since I
was age 6 that I know the ins and outs of the school.

Back in the 80's they were relatively unknown outside the

Christian community. And most people went there specifically for
the religious atmosphere.

Not to "talk down" about any school... but from what I hear its like a cult. Thank god I got into UF... I would have never made it there! :)

anyone know the out of state acceptance percentage for this school?

anyone know the out of state acceptance percentage for this school?

Since they are private, they don't look at state of residence at all.

If you choose to go there, make sure you ask about medical references during your interview. I'm on a rotation with a PBA student. I helped her do some research for her project and they just didn't have the resources. We logged onto UF's medical library and she was amazed at all the online journals & databases.

Also, their students don't appear to be very knowledgeable about drugs used in the hospital setting. The school may focus more on retail. It's important to apply to the schools whose programs are more in-line with what you want to do as a pharmacist.

If you feel comfortable there than go for it. The smaller class size might be a plus but it's certainly not better than NOVA. ;) Although, I think I probably would have liked it too. I was surprised about getting an interview from them because I didn't even have a letter of recommendation from a pharmacist (supposedly one of their requirements). But I heard living there is pretty expensive.

Are there ANY PBA students on this forum?

I just can't see how having 25 less students person class is gonna make a difference..

I am originally from the West Palm Beach area and it is one of the most overpriced areas in Florida, along with Sarasota and Naples. The cost of living index is the same as Washington, D.C. and the suburbs.