Technology Palm LifeDrive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zibba-zabba

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone use the Palm LifeDrive? I am considering getting one, but I wanted to hear what other people have to say about it first. I'm fairly new to palms, I have a pocket PC but I wanted to try out the palm brand.

I'm stuck between getting the Palm T/X and the Palm LifeDrive. If anyone has any experience with the LifeDrive or T/X I would appreciate the advice.
 
I have posted that question for about a year and no one really ever responded. I finally just bought one and I think it's really cool. If you're thinking about getting the next model down, and you plan on getting a big memory card for it, you might as well just get the lifedrive. In some scenarios, it's actually just cheaper to get the lifedrive.

I think the main reasons to get something else is if you want a smaller pda or have absolutely no reason for a larger amount of storage.

Having said that, the lifedrive is a tad slow for its cost and the battery life is probably less than any of the others. However, both issues seem to be tolerable to me. I am finishing second year today, so I can't really say that I'm experienced using it in a clinical setting. But for the Path mini-board, I did place a lot of our faculty's power points on it and rather than lugging around Robbins or my laptop, I was able to review the photomicrographs from the lifedrive. I wish I had bought it earlier...it would have saved me a lot of trouble carrying around my (crappy) gateway.