Palm Springs Gen (Larkin Branch) for 3rd year core? vs oos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medorded01

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a 2nd year LECOM Bradenton student and am having a tough time of choosing a rotation site.
I am from FL, and would really like to stay here for rotations if possible. Of our current rotation sites, I would love to rotate at Northside or St. Pete Gen... but I suspect that most student want to rotate at these locations and the spots at both sites are few.

I have heard a lot of bad things about Larkin, mostly that their residency programs are not great, and also that you really need to know Spanish to be able to learn anything here on rotations.

So this leaves me trying to decide, if it comes to it - Larkin or out of state? NY/Penn

Here are some oos of the locations:

St. Johns Episcopal, NY
Arnot (AOMC), NY
St. Johns Riverside, NY
Allegheny, NY

My questions is, if anyone has rotated at Larkin is it really as bad as everyone says? Also, if anyone has any experience at these other hospitals I am interested in knowing that as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I got rotated at Larkin as part of my St. George University elective. It is a beautifule hospitale with gamma knife under world-renouned neurosurgeon dr. wolf and one of florida top teaching hospitals. it is an amazing experience and there is very modern equipments and patients are seen every day. it is also the only hospital in the miami area charitable enough to take all the prisoner and provide them with health care. it is a good elective and u will enjoy it.