Jun 20, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Could someone who has taken the DAT explain what happens with scrap papers? I'm worried because I tend to write really big when I am taking exams/in a hurry... I probably use 4 sheets for math alone... Do I really have to raise my hand every time I run out of space on a single piece of paper?

ColoradoTeeth

2+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
You get two pieces of laminated paper--front and back. You have to raise your hand when you need more paper and they take away your two sheets and replace them with new ones. Some test centers take longer to change-out the papers, so I'd suggest raising your hand when you're about 3/4 done with a sheet rather than waiting until you're out of room

Illumident

2+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Unfortunately, yes. They're usually quick to switch it out for you.

I write the same way as you do when I'm pressed for time, but I practiced writing legibly and smaller for the DAT. It worked out alright; I wouldn't let this paper exchange process stress you out.

Reactions: dentistaporfavor
About the Ads

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Unfortunately, yes. They're usually quick to switch it out for you.

I write the same way as you do when I'm pressed for time, but I practiced writing legibly and smaller for the DAT. It worked out alright; I wouldn't let this paper exchange process stress you out.
I talked to a student today and she stated her testing center told her to get up and go to the desk to get more..So maybe it is best to call your testing center..I have always been under the impression you just raised your hand, but like the DAT all testing centers are different.

Nancy

OP
D
Jun 20, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
I talked to a student today and she stated her testing center told her to get up and go to the desk to get more..So maybe it is best to call your testing center..I have always been under the impression you just raised your hand, but like the DAT all testing centers are different.

Nancy
Thank you! I'll give them a call tomorrow~

About the Ads