Paper MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Buy the AAMC online practice tests. They are worth it.

Reactions: 3 users
TPR, Kaplan, and AAMC practice tests are all computer based. If money is a concern, go for the AAMC tests, since they're made by the people who write the MCAT. Going into medicine is expensive, start saving up and getting used to it now. I've spent over $1000 on question banks and books for Step 1, including $580 for the test itself, and each standardized test you take after that is even more money.

Members don't see this ad :)
So there is no option to take a paper MCAT?

Reactions: 1 user
Is it still possible to take a paper MCAT exam instead of the computer-based version? Since all the practice exams are usually paper-based (except TBR but their CBT's are so expensive to buy!), I'd assume that most people would be more comfortable taking a paper exam for the MCAT as well...

Invent a time machine. When I took it in 2003 for the first time, it was paper. I was much happier taking a computer based version and I did better as well.

I took the second to last ever paper MCAT in 2006 and have since taken step 1 and 2 on computer along with every test in med school. You should thank god you don't have to go through taking it on paper. Not to mention it used to be longer.

Reactions: 1 user
I took the second to last ever paper MCAT in 2006 and have since taken step 1 and 2 on computer along with every test in med school. You should thank god you don't have to go through taking it on paper. Not to mention it used to be longer.

Wait...so none of the exams in medical school are on paper?!

Wait...so none of the exams in medical school are on paper?!

The only thing we took on paper was the anatomy shelf exam during first year ...everything else was on computer including both in-house exams and all other shelf (NBME) exams.

Depends on the school. Most of my in-house exams have been paper/Scantron, but we've had a few NBME shelf exams, which are on the same CBT system as USMLEs.

I hate computer exams, I have no strategy in doing them :scared: