Paper transcripts still haven't been received by AAMC after 3 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stayathomemom

Now with 100% more Stay At Home™!
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this normal this year? If not, should I have them resend them?

Members don't see this ad.

Not saying you did something wrong, but it never hurts to double check your info. I waited 5 weeks for a transcript to be e-delivered to AACOMAS before I realized I had a typo in my birthday :1whistle:

Reactions: 1 user
Not saying you did something wrong, but it never hurts to double check your info. I waited 5 weeks for a transcript to be e-delivered to AACOMAS before I realized I had a typo in my birthday :1whistle:
Thanks for the suggestion. I just double checked, everything is accurate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called AMCAS today to check the status of my app. They had a message saying it will take up to 10 days for AMCAS to receive your transcripts and another maximum of 15 days for AMCAS to process and upload (or I might have mixed up the order). Either way, there are going to be a lot of delays.

I called AMCAS today to check the status of my app. They had a message saying it will take up to 10 days for AMCAS to receive your transcripts and another maximum of 15 days for AMCAS to process and upload (or I might have mixed up the order). Either way, there are going to be a lot of delays.
Thank you! Good to hear what they're saying right now. It was mailed on the 8th so I'll hit 25 days tomorrow. I'll call on Wednesday.

Thank you! Good to hear what they're saying right now. It was mailed on the 8th so I'll hit 25 days tomorrow. I'll call on Wednesday.

No problem. Glad to help. Good luck in calling. I called 5X today and was unable to enter into the queue...

Reactions: 1 user
@gonnif
If my school sent a paper transcript on the 4th and then decided to send etranscripts for everyone on the 22nd through Parchment (which I did receive a delivered confirmation email for), and still haven't been marked in the app as received, is that a situation to consider requesting a new etranscript to be sent? I planned to give it until Friday of last week and now pushed it to Friday this week, but even knowing about the delays, I'm starting to get a little concerned.

I’m in a similar situation. Transcripts sent 5/7 and my school sent a pdf of my transcript on 5/27 (they sent it to an email address AMCAS instructed them to do and have communicated with them bc they do not use any of the transcript delivery services). At this point, I don’t know if there is anything else I can do? Send another transcript? Or if I just need to wait? Can someone advise?

Transcript purgatory is the worst. But at least I have extra time to fiddle with the written aspects of the application.

Hello everyone, sorry to hear about all this confusion and hassle caused by being in transcript purgatory. I would suggest calling AMCAS or emailing them for advice. Bear in mind that it is taking a long time to call AMCAS and you'll most likely need to call a few times due to the long queues.

Hello everyone, sorry to hear about all this confusion and hassle caused by being in transcript purgatory. I would suggest calling AMCAS or emailing them for advice. Bear in mind that it is taking a long time to call AMCAS and you'll most likely need to call a few times due to the long queues.

Have you been able to get through? Have tried multiple times on both phone and email no responses

Have you been able to get through? Have tried multiple times on both phone and email no responses

They are probably extremely back logged. I tried yesterday but was unsuccessful. Going to try again soon :(

Kinda sucks how you must wait for the transcripts to arrive (~10 days) AND for AMCAS to process (~15 days!). Arranged for my transcripts to be sent to AMCAS and AACOMAS on May 20th and AACOMAS has already received and processed them last Friday. This is by mail from Canada btw.

Note to All with transcript issues

With the AMCAS being understaffed and working from home, technical issue (particularly with Parchment, increased burdens with paper transcripts COVID still with serious issue in Washington DC, and now the Civil Unrest/Curfews, I do not think that re-sending transcripts will help, and in fact may just confuse the issue more. There is nothing to do but wait or try to call AMCAS which is also alot of waiting
Thank you. It's just scary to think that if my transcripts flew away in a breeze and got lost, I could be waiting a long time before figuring it out, having them resent, waiting forever for verification, and then appear to be late/a slacker. I hope that ADCOMs will be more forgiving with the transmittal date than they usually are.

Note to All with transcript issues

With the AMCAS being understaffed and working from home, technical issue (particularly with Parchment, increased burdens with paper transcripts COVID still with serious issue in Washington DC, and now the Civil Unrest/Curfews, I do not think that re-sending transcripts will help, and in fact may just confuse the issue more. There is nothing to do but wait or try to call AMCAS which is also alot of waiting

My school faxed my transcript in early May and it expires after 30 days. It's still not marked as received. At what point should I start the process to have a paper transcript mailed so as not to lose more time?

Just an FYI: the 10 days to deliver and 15 days to process are measured in BUSINESS days. I was calling every day last week so I can recite that “if your inquiry is related to the status...” recording in my sleep.

If it gives you any peace of mind, my transcript was finally marked as processed last Friday (May 29) and I ordered it May 4, so it took mine 20 business days to process. They are actually processing them it’s just super slow!

Reactions: 1 users
I just sent one of my transcripts by mail today. How screwed am I?