Parent PLUS Loan Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hookem29

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've searched all over the internet for this answer and still haven't found one maybe you guys have some insight or experience on it.

For undergrad I had to take out a couple of parent PLUS loans. I plan on paying these back for my parents even though they are under their names. These loans are deferred through undergrad, but I haven't been able to find any information to see if they are also deferred if I enroll into medical school. Obviously if they aren't, I won't have a means to start paying them and will have to force them onto my parents for 4 years.

Does anyone have any experience with these loans specifically?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I've searched all over the internet for this answer and still haven't found one maybe you guys have some insight or experience on it.

For undergrad I had to take out a couple of parent PLUS loans. I plan on paying these back for my parents even though they are under their names. These loans are deferred through undergrad, but I haven't been able to find any information to see if they are also deferred if I enroll into medical school. Obviously if they aren't, I won't have a means to start paying them and will have to force them onto my parents for 4 years.

Does anyone have any experience with these loans specifically?

Thanks!
If its federal it should defer, I think.