xnfs93hy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'm applying for my EMT-B course now and since I won't be 18 until mid September I need a parental consent letter. It says nowhere on the website for my local medical center how to write out one of these.

Anyone know? Or should I call/email/mail the hospital instead?

schrizto

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
puh puh pitt
Status
Pre-Medical
Easy. Make your parent write out on a piece of paper:

"I hereby consent my son jefgreen to take the EMT-B course offered at _______ Medical Center. Signature."

If the medical center wants more information, just rewrite the letter with the additional information.

OP
xnfs93hy

xnfs93hy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
If you're not 18 by the time of registration, you need to have your parent/guardian write you a letter.

I mean, I'll be 18 in mid september but by that time, class would have already started.

In NJ and eight other states you can get the EMT-B at age 16.

Tots

c/o 2018
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
I would just call them to make sure. They probably have a standard form you parent just signs.

Salvorix

SXPS
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2009
East Coast
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats Jeff on deciding to take an EMT-B course. I took the course and was a volunteer EMT for the town where my high school was located and it was a very rewarding experience. Good luck.

NickNaylor

Thank You for Smoking
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Easy. Make your parent write out on a piece of paper:

"I hereby consent my son jefgreen to take the EMT-B course offered at _______ Medical Center. Signature."

If the medical center wants more information, just rewrite the letter with the additional information.
:thumbup:

New Vocab

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I'm applying for my EMT-B course now and since I won't be 18 until mid September I need a parental consent letter. It says nowhere on the website for my local medical center how to write out one of these.

Anyone know? Or should I call/email/mail the hospital instead?
What is a EMT-B course?

Elaborate, GO GO GO :idea:

adeline

idk my bff ***?
Jul 24, 2009
Status