Parental Consent Letter?

xnfs93hy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying for my EMT-B course now and since I won't be 18 until mid September I need a parental consent letter. It says nowhere on the website for my local medical center how to write out one of these.

Anyone know? Or should I call/email/mail the hospital instead?

Members don't see this ad.

Easy. Make your parent write out on a piece of paper:

"I hereby consent my son jefgreen to take the EMT-B course offered at _______ Medical Center. Signature."

If the medical center wants more information, just rewrite the letter with the additional information.

why do you need parental consent and your considered an adult in most states?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're not 18 by the time of registration, you need to have your parent/guardian write you a letter.

I mean, I'll be 18 in mid september but by that time, class would have already started.

In NJ and eight other states you can get the EMT-B at age 16.

And tell your parents to use your full legal name, not "Jefgreen."

Congrats Jeff on deciding to take an EMT-B course. I took the course and was a volunteer EMT for the town where my high school was located and it was a very rewarding experience. Good luck.

Easy. Make your parent write out on a piece of paper:

"I hereby consent my son jefgreen to take the EMT-B course offered at _______ Medical Center. Signature."

If the medical center wants more information, just rewrite the letter with the additional information.

:thumbup:

I'm applying for my EMT-B course now and since I won't be 18 until mid September I need a parental consent letter. It says nowhere on the website for my local medical center how to write out one of these.

Anyone know? Or should I call/email/mail the hospital instead?

What is a EMT-B course?

Elaborate, GO GO GO :idea: