Park View vs. Olde Towne Portsmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many have said that if you're going to live in Portsmouth, Olde Towne is the only place to look. Would someone be willing to tell me a bit about Park View. Is the historic district of this neighborhood also acceptable?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I've lived in the Port Norfolk area of Portsmouth for my time here. Generally, also a decent place to live.

We're wanting to live within walking distance to the Portsmouth Naval Hospital. Port Norfolk would require a car, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
If your looking for walking distance of Portsmouth than I would recommend the two apartment complexes right outside of the gate. Kind of pricey roughly 1000-1800 but within walking distance of the hospital and they have an all inclusive plan meaning the price of utilities and electricity is included in the cost.

If your looking for walking distance of Portsmouth than I would recommend the two apartment complexes right outside of the gate. Kind of pricey roughly 1000-1800 but within walking distance of the hospital and they have an all inclusive plan meaning the price of utilities and electricity is included in the cost.

we looked at the myrtles. but i think we'd prefer to buy instead of rent. does anyone know anything about the Park View neighborhood?

Depends on what you consider walking distance. I live about 3.5mi from the hospital and if I'm feeling ambitious or my car is in the garage, then I've walked it (50-55min). Very easily done on bike (20min or less).