Parkland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tristan28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just on UT Southwestern's OMFS page and noticed that Dr. Ellis is no longer listed on the Faculty list....Is he still there?

Members don't see this ad.

Per our interview he has stepped down as program director. Where he's going and what he's planning on doing don't seem to be general knowledge at this point

I also noticed the website thing, and I'm hoping to find out what's going on soon too, and who we're getting to replace him as PD.

Thanks for the reply... Although he has stepped down as PD, is he still an attending there right now or has he left?

Members don't see this ad :)
Per our interview he has stepped down as program director. Where he's going and what he's planning on doing don't seem to be general knowledge at this point

I also noticed the website thing, and I'm hoping to find out what's going on soon too, and who we're getting to replace him as PD.

I'm not sure it's public yet but word is he's taking over at UTSA.

Thanks for the info....Any idea when he is taking over there?

Yeah, but it's not official yet...so no. The guy I'm thinkin of will be solid, though.

Havent heard anything official yet either, but from the rumors I hear, Parkland will be in good hands.

One of my attendings confirmed his last day will be 4/1/10 and will be taking over San Antonio as program chair.

If anyone knows about any bridges for sale, I'm in the market. Also, I can't find where gullible is written on the ceiling.

HaHa..LOL. But, its true. The attending is a Parkland grad and they all got a letter from the Parkland Chairman (Zuniga?) the Ellis is leaving, plus I confirmed this with my friends there. Sad but true.

hey there, how do you guys think his departure will affect Parkland as well as San Antonio?? thanks~:)

HaHa..LOL. But, its true. The attending is a Parkland grad and they all got a letter from the Parkland Chairman (Zuniga?) the Ellis is leaving, plus I confirmed this with my friends there. Sad but true.

hey there, how do you guys think his departure will affect Parkland as well as San Antonio?? thanks~:)

I'm sure it will be good for San Antonio, because I'm pretty sure they were very short on faculty as of right now and lost a fair amount of residents.

As far as Parkland, the remaining administration was VERY transparent about Ellis leaving during the interview, so this isn't a surprise to any of us new folk, and I can't speak for all us but I do know at least the majority of the "Class of 2016" ranked Parkland very high. Parkland is well known for being a very large and stable program with a huge base of full time faculty. They just added a recent-grad full time at JPS, are adding another Michigan fellowship trained full-timer July 1 (toofache), word is Zide is back (at Parkland, not JPS), there's word of adding another full-timer at Parkland who is dual-boarded, and I've heard whispers of who has been interviewing for Ellis' position and any of them would be amazing.

All in all, talking to residents, faculty, pretty much everyone, Ellis will be missed but it doesn't seem like it will affect the program too much in the grand scheme of things.