Part 2 National Boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lvmd

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was it just my school where the pictures were backward and including many radiographs? And where do they get some of these questions from? :scared:
Anyway good luck to all who have taken it or will take it, and wish to hear from others about their experience with Part 2.

Oh yea, when will we get the results? I am hoping for a big curve....hehe.

Members don't see this ad.

lvmd said:
Was it just my school where the pictures were backward and including many radiographs? And where do they get some of these questions from? :scared:
Anyway good luck to all who have taken it or will take it, and wish to hear from others about their experience with Part 2.

Oh yea, when will we get the results? I am hoping for a big curve....hehe.
They were all backwards here at WVU as well. In fact, our proctor wrote them a little note suggesting that a they have dentists assist with the test development. ;) I thought a lot of the questions were totally irrelevant to dentistry, and in many of the cases studies, there wasn't enuff info or decent films and pictures. We're all a little salty, and definitely hoping for that big curve. Good luck.

Hey guys-----That test was ridiculous! Who on earth is going to make a diagnosis based on copied radiographs and a one sentence describing the patients' condition "Tooth hurts 20sec pain with ice...' Come on *****s write a better exam or don't waste my frickin time. :smuggrin: And another thing why 500 questions in 2 days :eek: ? Surely 300 would suffice----I nearly fell a sleep until they asked something regarding psychology doctors, could you imagine taking a psychology exam and being asked what you might do with an irreversible pulpitis on #4 :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like a nightmare. No wonder the scores are typically quite a bit lower than Part I.

Well, I"m sure you all did fine (or at least passed, which is what you want, right?).

Hey y'all . I'm curious to know if the questions offered on the paper and Prometric versions are the same, or those the computer version just have a random bank of questions it draws from each time, (like the DAT). I want to know cos I just took the computerized version and the problems i had were opposite of my classmates who took the written. for example, my radiographs were not backwards and the pictures were quite clear (as opposed to what i've heard about the written) but then the questions were so ambigious and sometimes i even swore there was no right answer. also Day 1 was much easier, and i felt the subject matter was predominantly path and public health/Behavioural sciences, with less of the other disciplines( the perio questions were totally off the wall, good thing we get one score that supplements the others!) day 2 on the other hand...
so is it a different curve/grading scale. I'm just curious to know how they level the playing field for everyone...thanks

They got you guys this time. The correct answers to all those blantly ambiguous questions was to leave them unmarked. You were being tested as to whether or not you would actually procede with a treatment plan given such scant info. You failed if your immediate desire to "pass the test" overcame your willingness to stick to the prudent practices that you were taught in school. Just joking....but you never know.

groundhog said:
They got you guys this time. The correct answers to all those blantly ambiguous questions was to leave them unmarked. You were being tested as to whether or not you would actually procede with a treatment plan given such scant info. You failed if your immediate desire to "pass the test" overcame your willingness to stick to the prudent practices that you were taught in school. Just joking....but you never know.

actually, i think the instructions specifically say "choose the best answer"....so while none of them may be CORRECT, we are to choose the BEST incorrect answer :rolleyes: ....highly unlikely this would be the case, they were probably test questions (up to 15% of the exam is), and will get ungraded...still I wouldn't put it beyond that sadistic group of ppl known as dentists. ;)