part 2 scoring

Discussion in 'Dental' started by paceman, Nov 27, 2005.

1. paceman

paceman Member
    5+ Year Member

Does anyone know how big the curve is on part 2? Is it as big as the one from part 1?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sjdent

sjdent Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'd be interested to find this out, too.....OMG....8 days to go. I've heard the curve is much greater, but who knows.

4. sjdent

sjdent Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Forgot one more thing....is anyone totally clear on the format of part 2? The way I understand it is....the first day, it's just 400 random Q's from all different subjectst, thrown in together? Then the second day is JUST case studies?

Damn, no partial failures allowed....... :(

5. DDSSlave

DDSSlave Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

That's a good thing. That way your poor performance in pharm and perio can be balanced by operative and endo.

6. sjdent

sjdent Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

7. paceman

paceman Member
    5+ Year Member

You're right about the format. The first day is 400 questions from randam sections (i.e. pharm, perio, endo, etc.). It goes from 8:30 to 4 P.M. The second day is only a half day. Its 100 case-based questions.

I was looking at the question breakdown for the part 2 exam. There's 30 endo, 45 operative, about 35 pharm, about 55 ortho/pedo, about 50 behavioral science, 45 perio, 45 prostho, 45 oral path questions.

Good luck studying guys.

8. dc-10

dc-10 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

So it's not like the old tests where you have an operative section, an endo section etc., just 400 all mixed up? One question could be pros and the very next could be ortho? 200 before lunch and 200 after lunch?

9. antidentite

antidentite Member
    7+ Year Member

is it just me or are most people studying about 1/5 of what they did for part 1? perhaps it is a motivational thing and people are not concerned that these scores will impact PG program acceptance. i am going through the decks once and spending fri/sat/sun going through old tests.....this seems about par for my class.

10. paceman

paceman Member
    5+ Year Member

You're right in saying they are all mixed up. There are no sections like part 1, so there's no such thing as a partial failure. From what I understand, you get a booklet in the morning with 200 questions and a new booklet in the afternoon with 200 questions.