part 2 scoring

sjdent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2002
    Forgot one more thing....is anyone totally clear on the format of part 2? The way I understand it is....the first day, it's just 400 random Q's from all different subjectst, thrown in together? Then the second day is JUST case studies?

Damn, no partial failures allowed....... :(

About the Ads

paceman

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jul 26, 2005
      sjdent said:
      Forgot one more thing....is anyone totally clear on the format of part 2? The way I understand it is....the first day, it's just 400 random Q's from all different subjectst, thrown in together? Then the second day is JUST case studies?

Damn, no partial failures allowed....... :(

You're right about the format. The first day is 400 questions from randam sections (i.e. pharm, perio, endo, etc.). It goes from 8:30 to 4 P.M. The second day is only a half day. Its 100 case-based questions.

I was looking at the question breakdown for the part 2 exam. There's 30 endo, 45 operative, about 35 pharm, about 55 ortho/pedo, about 50 behavioral science, 45 perio, 45 prostho, 45 oral path questions.

Good luck studying guys.

dc-10

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jan 17, 2003
      Wash DC
        paceman said:
        You're right about the format. The first day is 400 questions from randam sections (i.e. pharm, perio, endo, etc.). It goes from 8:30 to 4 P.M. The second day is only a half day. Its 100 case-based questions.

I was looking at the question breakdown for the part 2 exam. There's 30 endo, 45 operative, about 35 pharm, about 55 ortho/pedo, about 50 behavioral science, 45 perio, 45 prostho, 45 oral path questions.

Good luck studying guys.

So it's not like the old tests where you have an operative section, an endo section etc., just 400 all mixed up? One question could be pros and the very next could be ortho? 200 before lunch and 200 after lunch?

antidentite

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Jul 10, 2004
          is it just me or are most people studying about 1/5 of what they did for part 1? perhaps it is a motivational thing and people are not concerned that these scores will impact PG program acceptance. i am going through the decks once and spending fri/sat/sun going through old tests.....this seems about par for my class.

dc-10 said:
          So it's not like the old tests where you have an operative section, an endo section etc., just 400 all mixed up? One question could be pros and the very next could be ortho? 200 before lunch and 200 after lunch?

paceman

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Jul 26, 2005
            dc-10 said:

You're right in saying they are all mixed up. There are no sections like part 1, so there's no such thing as a partial failure. From what I understand, you get a booklet in the morning with 200 questions and a new booklet in the afternoon with 200 questions.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.