Part II Oral Boards 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PainApp2021

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Studying for the ABPMR part 2 oral boards now. The ABPMR videos say that the proctor might ask "why" you are asking for certain parts in HPI, exam, etc. Is it better to explain the "why" after each part without prompting, or do you wait for them to ask? It seems like explaining everything would take a longer time than the 10 or so minutes allowed. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn’t try to anticipate every “why” question did somebody could potentially ask. I would just keep my answers easy to follow and concise, so that I have enough time to answer the “why” questions without getting flustered.

Studying for the ABPMR part 2 oral boards now. The ABPMR videos say that the proctor might ask "why" you are asking for certain parts in HPI, exam, etc. Is it better to explain the "why" after each part without prompting, or do you wait for them to ask? It seems like explaining everything would take a longer time than the 10 or so minutes allowed. Thank you
No, only answer if they ask why. Don't offer information they don't ask for. Are they still doing this useless exam online or is it back to in person?

Reactions: 1 user
No, only answer if they ask why. Don't offer information they don't ask for. Are they still doing this useless exam online or is it back to in person?
Still online. Still useless.

Reactions: 2 users