Part time at different schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

milwrift

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could I be affected negatively in any way if I go part time as a student enrolled in two different schools, yet being a full time student when the credit hours are combined?
In the Fall, I plan on taking roughly 9 credits while taking 4 credits at a CC(it's much cheaper) Is it o.k. to do this?

Members don't see this ad.

Could I be affected negatively in any way if I go part time as a student enrolled in two different schools, yet being a full time student when the credit hours are combined?
In the Fall, I plan on taking roughly 9 credits while taking 4 credits at a CC(it's much cheaper) Is it o.k. to do this?

I don't see why it would make any difference as long as you keep up your GPA. I've basically done the same thing, except I've gone (am going) full time to one school (12 to 15 hours) and taking a class or two at a community college because I can't fit it in at the other school (because of the time it is offered). As long as you take the required pre-reqs and keep up your GPA, I don't see why it would matter. Anyone have first hand experience on this and have already been accepted to pharmacy school????

I don't see anything wrong with that...in fact, I am currently attending one university part time, but am considering taking classes at a local cc to fit into my schedule if need be.

Members don't see this ad :)
ive talked to many advisors and they all say it doesn't matter where you take your courses at(depends on schools, but most). As long as you keep your GPA up you're fine

You can do that? I'm taking 14 credits at a university, and my humanities instructor is not that good. So, if take 11 credits at my university while taking the humanities course (3 credits hrs) at my local CC instead, will it have a negative affect (in any way) on the admission process?
This will save me quite a bit of cash, though I won't be considered full-time at my univ.