Part time job after interview season?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Patelkai

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone here get a part time job after interview season ended? Thinking about something light to make some money from January to July. I’ll be completing be by March and will be have about 3 months to burn.
Ideas? Anyone Uber?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been thinking about getting on Wag (the dog walking app) because the idea sounds ridiculously adorable.

I've been thinking about getting on Wag (the dog walking app) because the idea sounds ridiculously adorable.

I tried out wag and it was terrible. The actual dog walking is fine but the company lies to its contractors. For example, I bought little business cards because they promised $50 for every new user who signs up with my promo code...except there is no place in the app to put a promo code. If I were you, I'd check out Rover! Same concept, less terrible company.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I tried out wag and it was terrible. The actual dog walking is fine but the company lies to its contractors. For example, I bought little business cards because they promised $50 for every new user who signs up with my promo code...except there is no place in the app to put a promo code. If I were you, I'd check out Rover! Same concept, less terrible company.

Noted, thanks for the suggestion!

Seriously considering driving for Uber and Lyft to pay off some interview debt that I have incurred

My car is a POS though, idk if Uber would approve it

Reactions: 1 users
Noted, thanks for the suggestion!
I use Rover for my own dog and live in a city with a lot of med/nursing/dental students so I purposely seek them out (reading their profiles) so I can support others in my own situation. I also walked for Rover the summer before starting med school. Rover takes a cut, but its easy to use and you'll get a lot of traffic just because they're the big name in the market.

I have never, ever enjoyed my experiences with Wag and stopped using them after 2 walks for my dog.

Reactions: 1 users
Also been looking into what I can do to make some money with all this time off but I have no clue. No one wants to hire somebody for 3 months lol.

Bartending will get your the most $/hr if you’re not otherwise skilled. Uber is basically minimum wage.