Part-Time Post Doc options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmIDoneYet?

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good part-time post-doc opportunities? Do they exist? I know that they’re allowed as long as they’re completed in two years, but I’m having a hard time finding them. Recently had a baby and part-time is seeming more appealing, even with the pay-cut. Full-time internship is really kicking my a** right now, and I can’t imagine doing this for another year while my baby is still so young. Would appreciate any advice on how and where to look for some!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed--I suspect most are going to be informal postdocs, so checking job listing boards (e.g., on professional society websites, in the APA monitor) in addition to the usual recommendations of training and professional listservs would be my recommendation. Definitely also consider joining the state psych association (or at least their listserv) for wherever you'll be; I've seen part-time postdoc positions advertised on those listservs.

Reactions: 2 users
Agreed--I suspect most are going to be informal postdocs, so checking job listing boards (e.g., on professional society websites, in the APA monitor) in addition to the usual recommendations of training and professional listservs would be my recommendation. Definitely also consider joining the state psych association (or at least their listserv) for wherever you'll be; I've seen part-time postdoc positions advertised on those listservs.

Thank you! This is helpful :) Gives me an idea of where to look for post-docs this Fall

Thank you! This is helpful :) Gives me an idea of where to look for post-docs this Fall

Just make sure you are looking ahead to what you need for future steps in terms of licensure (in multiple states) and board certification if you are going that route, as many informal postdocs do not really deliver didactics (which is necessary for several boards), and some play pretty loose with supervision hours as you've seen from many posts on the board here.