• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

caninus_molarus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2004
Status (Visible)
how are you folks.Iam planning to take part 2 exam this coming march through the paper format,anyone taking the paper exam beside me (i doubt there is) lets share our experience.
for me i finished the material couple of times and i found it ok BUT :confused: oh its so tricky specially through the technical aspect of the exam qustions,to me all the choices sound right sometimes,the cases sucks+pissed+ ,i hate the pharmacology and the pathology,lets share our hatered here guys to reach the our goal.

pinktooth

Paint my world...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Planet Earth
Status (Visible)
Hi caninus,
Sorry can't share your hated as I am not in the same situation as you...but I can always wish you all the very best:D :thumbup:
take care

caninus_molarus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2004
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by pinktooth
Hi caninus,
Sorry can't share your hated as I am not in the same situation as you...but I can always wish you all the very best:D :thumbup:
take care
your such a nice person.

About the Ads

pinktooth

Paint my world...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Planet Earth
Status (Visible)
Thanks a lot caninus:)
I have realised that in such situation a person needs lots of best wishes apart from good preparation:)
Take care

pinkpeanuts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi could any1 tel me where i can get hold of the part2 material in India?Thanx.

caninus_molarus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2004
Status (Visible)
i posted this thread for people taking the paperized exam this march though there is no harm that anyone who is taking part 2 soon post his questions or experience or what so ever here(no one posted anything except my friend pinktooth),but guys you really dont need to pm me,its not that big secret messages that iam getting from you that will jeopardize your privacy,dont be shy and post what ever you wanna say here.

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
www.gingermeggs.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by pinkpeanuts
Hi could any1 tel me where i can get hold of the part2 material in India?Thanx.

Maybe you guys should start a thread about that. I mean, where to find NBDE materials in India.

I remember this question being asked and answered long time ago, but I don't remember the answer. :(

toothmail

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2003
Status (Visible)
hi

i plan to take it end of may but its cbt not paperbased.

pinkpeanuts i have photocopies of part 2 question papers that are bound into a book form. mail me at [email protected] if u are interested. btw...i leave india on 15th march so i have to know way before that in order to send it out. my guess is the shipping will be very expensive.

Dimple

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi caninus_molarus
im the partner in sorrow your looking for. im taking the paper based part 2 in march. i think im in a worse situation than you coz i havent finished the dental decks even once and i have lost all will to study. at this point i have preety much made up my mind that i will be taking this exam again in 2 years time.

count down begins, 20 days to go.

P.S: did you get your admit card yet?

all the best.

caninus_molarus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2004
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Dimple
hi caninus_molarus
im the partner in sorrow your looking for. im taking the paper based part 2 in march. i think im in a worse situation than you coz i havent finished the dental decks even once and i have lost all will to study. at this point i have preety much made up my mind that i will be taking this exam again in 2 years time.

count down begins, 20 days to go.

P.S: did you get your admit card yet?

all the best.

finally,dimple where have you been?anyway thank you god someone there to talk with about the damn exam,dimple i already finished the decks but iam not that confident specially about pharmacology besides i always use the released test to estimate my progress and oh mann(or woman) it sucks,my scores sucks,anyway i have to take the exam because i have many things else to do you know watching tv hanging around and stuff..:laugh: kidding,so yeah i got my addmitance ticket just today and yeah counting down began only 20 days,what do you know about cases?do we have to score highly to get passed?because i think its the hardest part and i have some american friends who told me that they all found it so difficult,anyway good luck for you and let me hear from you soon buddy.

Dimple

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi again
im not sure if you have to pass the case studies paper seperately or not. and yeah ive heard that part 2 is a tough one especially if you are not attending school, coz its all clinical based and very different from what i have learnt. not a whole lot different but still some variations.

i still havent recieved my admit card. think i will call them and find out.

18 days in counting. take care and all the best.

About the Ads

caninus_molarus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2004
Status (Visible)
dont worry dimple even if you haven got your ticket they have an additional copy just in case which you can have it from them at the exam day by providing your refrence number.

Anick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi there,
Hope u all r working hard.I want to know that is there any book u know regarding Pedo & Behaviour sciences since the Questions were difficult or guesses as told by many who appeared in Dec2003.Please let me know.My e-mail Id is [email protected] any body wants to share or discuss can also contact so that we all can work together by sharing & get good percentage.Thanks & good luck.

pearlindia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2003
Status (Visible)
hey guys,
i too am preparing for part 2.i'm doing decks right now for the 1st time.how r u guys going about it?my email id is [email protected].i'll post any doubts i have here so that we can clear it .
all the Best guys!keep workin hard.:thumbup:

krishna

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hello friends,

When r u all planning to take part-2?
I am planning to take it in june(may be end of) and I didn`t start my preparation yet.
Do u think that this time will be enough ?

kindly suggest me friends....by the way I have 89%only in part-1...and what about all yours??????

I wish u all the very best for preparation.

Krishna

Dimple

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi again
how is the preps coming along? i recieved my admit card yesterday. yep its final, 29th and the 30th MAY DAY MAY DAY!!!

Anick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hello,
I m also doing Decks for first time.I will decide the date after i finish my decks once but i reallly want to be finished by end of july (max.).Definitely , I will put my Doubts here.Good luck to all.

About the Ads

toothmail

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2003
Status (Visible)
am studying for part 2 too. i initially had planned to take it by end of may but its going real slow. i havent got through even half the decks once!

how are u all planning to study for the case based questions? seems vague.

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
hi guys,
i am also planning to take the part 2 exam by the first week of june. i have almost finished 6 subjcts. but all that i am reading right now is decks and asda reprints. cant understand whether that is enough. i read in some thread that there in a book called clinical problem solving in dentistry. i am in two minds whether to buy it. any of you know abt the book?

all the best to everyone preparing for part 2. lets keep discussing any difficulties that we have during preparation.

sanju

preeth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Status (Visible)
i am taking in end of march too .paper based!!just did decks and asda reprints.
Never thought pedo and behaviour sc would be tough in NDBE!!!!!
hey kajal hows ur prep?I feel that i keep forgetting !!!
just wanna get over with this:p

caninus_molarus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2004
Status (Visible)
ami dreaming or somthin?where is my thread?i wanna my thread.
:)thanks moderator for mergin all the part2 posts togeather.

pinktooth

Paint my world...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Planet Earth
Status (Visible)
Hi Folks,
I was browsing through the Part I thread and found a site for NDBE papers.
Is there any site for NDBE part II papers?
Thanks a lot,

About the Ads

krishna

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
hey friends,

do we have the trade names used in the questions for pharmacology????
please post the reply and thanks to everyone in advance...

krishna.

toothmail

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2003
Status (Visible)
all the best kajal - do let us know how it went!

guys i am thru with only 3 subects so far and i dont remember anything! how am i supposed to take this exam end of may???

are there any books that anyone has heard of for clinical case-based questions? the booklet we get with the decks seems too less to be of any use.
all the best everyone! hope we all do really well!

Anick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi everyone,
I wish best of luck to all those who r appearing for part 2 shortly.Part2 is quite hard.I also worry abt it bcoz it is not only Lengthy but also tricky.I hope if we practice a lot of -repeat our decks & ouestion bank we can do good. Hopes should be high. we should buck up everyone so that no body lags behind.

In response to Krishna's question.one of my friends who had appeared in DEC 2003 said that in Pharma both the names r given eg.DIazepam (VAlium) both r given in exam.Just remember both the names of most impt. ones.Not all.Good luck to all.

sree

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi friends,
I too am in ur group.Planning to take in the end of june.

Hi anick,your reply helped me too.Thank u.

sima

15+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2002
Ilinois,
Status (Visible)
Hi friends,
I'm planning to take part 2 end of June but i've just started so i dont know whether the time is going to be enough. But i need to study hard since i've been out of touch for a while now. Anyone in the same boat? Do mail me at [email protected] and we can share the experiences

Anick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hello Friends,
So, hard time going on for all of us.Do not worry.Hard work pays.Work hard sit in the exam& rest leave on God this is what i believe in.I have a real problem which is PHARMA.i read the decks but could not memorize them may be bcoz i did not read the basics.Now my question is Should i read all the topics covered in the decks.I want to know from all those who scored high& r preparing now bcoz i m not in the law which is going to be signed when do not know.If i read the book say LIPPINCOT for clearing basics is there a chance to attempt well.Please guide.Thanks for reading & replying.Good luck to all.

preeth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi
i came across a question in booklet K component B [case based] ques..no.. 5 .how can it be answer A.
thnks in advance for ur help

Nolls

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
Cleveland
Status (Visible)
hi pink

I read on this thread that somebody wanted to know the source of part 2 material in India.
I dont know if you have already found, or i f am too late ..
but am sure it will be of use to others who r looking for it.

there is a place called as "cheapest Xerox" in mumbai, its at the mumbai central. I cant remem the tel numbers right now, but if anyone needs, i can track it. (PM me)

you can find all most all the national board material over there.

alrite,.
bye for now

toothlord

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by preeth
hi
i came across a question in booklet K component B [case based] ques..no.. 5 .how can it be answer A.
thnks in advance for ur help
can you right the question and the multiple choices down here so we can assist you.

KAJALKIRAN

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
South Africa-USA
Status (Visible)
questions, yet tricky! (just satiate the test setter's ego i guess!)..
i literally could complete the whole session in almost an hour! then took a 20 min break and got on to the second sesssion....here, my ego was beaten black and blue by questions which were like imaginable..never seen or heard before.....after a couple of questions, i began to get acclimitized and could make affirmative choices.....this session was'nt that really good....
came home....recollected some answers..looked up in google...and yippie! many guess of mine were correct! so got to chill a bit...i hardly had anything to study last evening and didnt even feel like it....today's session was ok...the usual trickiness in the case-based questions....and i really hope that my approach to the treatment has been ok....
so thats about it....in all i am pretty satisfied with my performance.. i feel a score of 85 on THIS test can be considered an excellent score, and i hope to make it somewhere around this range...:)...will get to know in 2 weeks....
all the best to you guys due for the exam....and lemme know any concerns about your exam....
k'jal.

Henna

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2001
California
Status (Visible)
Hi KAJALKIRAN,
Can you give me a better pic of how CBT for part 2 is done.
How many hr and how many breaks, number of questions during each session etc.
On day 2, do we have enough time to review the history and get to the questions or is it a race against time ? How long did you take to read up a case ?

Thanks

Henna

KAJALKIRAN

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
South Africa-USA
Status (Visible)
sorry about the "abrupt start" of the previous mssg...just that this system sucks! gets me logged out in less than 10 mins!

anyways..here goes the start of the previous msg..
i finished my part 2 exam today!!!:)
the exam was pretty ok though....the first session on the first session was pretty much a joke...the questions appeared easy and silly and yeah you bet! very much tricky!

KAJALKIRAN

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
South Africa-USA
Status (Visible)
Can you give me a better pic of how CBT for part 2 is done.

well, each session lasts for 3.5 hrs and you get unlimited breaks throughout! (the best part...i would munch chocolates, chipc etc etc in b/w) and between 2 sessions a break can last as long as 1 hour but once you are ready, you can continue.....
and yeah the case based is pretty complicated, where you can't really affored to take too many breaks, or chocolates or chips ....as quite a bit of time is taken away in examining and re-examining the pics and radiographs......but may be you can just finish the session when the clock kicks you out!
i think its here that the intl students are at a disadv as there are many questions which i feel only those currently in the program can answer.....yeah this is not impossible though!

Callous K9

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
US
Status (Visible)
hey kjal ,thx for that info abt the CBT.
I was wondering abt how tiresome it can get just in frnt of the computer for 8 hrs a day??
dats wats going to freak me out.
Couldnt appear fr the Mrch paper based sincei wasnt much prepared at that time.Soo no choice but to do the CBT.
How long did u take to read for ur prt2?
alll de best for ur results..now i wish i were in ur place.!!!!!!!!
cheers

Originally posted by KAJALKIRAN
well, each session lasts for 3.5 hrs and you get unlimited breaks throughout! (the best part...i would munch chocolates, chipc etc etc in b/w) and between 2 sessions a break can last as long as 1 hour but once you are ready, you can continue.....
and yeah the case based is pretty complicated, where you can't really affored to take too many breaks, or chocolates or chips ....as quite a bit of time is taken away in examining and re-examining the pics and radiographs......but may be you can just finish the session when the clock kicks you out!
i think its here that the intl students are at a disadv as there are many questions which i feel only those currently in the program can answer.....yeah this is not impossible though!

KAJALKIRAN

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
South Africa-USA
Status (Visible)
I was wondering abt how tiresome it can get just in frnt of the computer for 8 hrs a day??
hey there...i really, really don't understand, from where has this unecessary hype about sitting in front of the comp being created?? donworry you will just be fine...no one can constantly sit in front of the comp for 8 hrs staring straight..you have access to unlimited breaks...and also remember...it is an exam and your main focus will be on searching for the correct answer, so that you will even forget that you are actually staring at a comp screen for such a long time....

toothlord

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2003
Status (Visible)
thank you for your input kajal,can you advice the future examinees what is the particular subject that you wished you have studied when you did review the qustions on your exam day?what do you think we should concentrate on right now?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.