part2 nbde

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All the best for your results kajal..:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Kajal,
That's great u r done with part 2 test thru cbt.I wish u should get more than 85 %.If u could please tell us which topics to be emphasized more & which subject,it will be of great help.one more thing i want to ask.Do they give u the range at the end of exam like in Toefl ? thanks for reply in advance.One more thing what was u r study strategy-total time & study material?Once again,thanks for guiding everyone.

tx kajal,

You mentioned that u are alloted 3.5 hrs per session.
Ofcourse ,we need to take a break in betn,but in that case does the timer stop ticking for that period when u have gone for the break??(and start frm wher it stoppped when we return?

as the others would have wanted too,
-what study materials did u refer to? or what would wish u should have done after giving the exam.?
-How did you find the perio cases?As in my case,the radiographs are too difficult to decipher due to bad printing.So did u refer to any thing else for them?
-any text books?
-how much time did u take to study
-wat was ur target per day ( For example..like 80 decks and 1 paper..etc etc)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi kajal,
if u can remember some tricky questions can u please post them???
wish u good luck with the result and I wish u score more than 85% .

thanks...krishna.

ok am trying to be as comprehensive as possible in my reply to the above questions and various pm's am not able to answer....

QUOTE]thank you for your input kajal,can you advice the future examinees what is the particular subject that you wished you have studied when you did review the qustions on your exam day?what do you think we should concentrate on right now?[/QUOTE]

well, part 2 i felt, is such that there is NO such comprehensive material and NO such material can exist, which will cover all that you need for the exam....there were a lot of questions in the exams where i just relied on my memory as i had probably learnt it like 3-4 years ago....the subject i wished to have studied is Psychology 101 to understand the psychology of American patients, as it is pretty much different in South Africa where the law suits aren't this crazy, and will not affect the treatment plannning! hmm..you guys need to relax at this point of time and try to get good sleep, as this exam really needs "mental stamina" and endurance.....so sienfeld and a good night's sleep is the key!

If u could please tell us which topics to be emphasized more & which subject,it will be of great help.one more thing i want to ask.Do they give u the range at the end of exam like in Toefl ? thanks for reply in advance.One more thing what was u r study strategy-total time & study material?

same again...no such topic..but yet i donwanna disappoint you...i would go with Oral Pathology i guess, as it seems to cover many subjects..am not sure what books you guys use in India, but Shafers and Levy is a good book for refernce.....
strategy? i really donno what to say......decks, qstn papers will help you for about 40-50% of the questions, but for the rest..you'll rely on on yur background knowledge....

does the timer stop ticking for that period when u have gone for the break??(and start frm wher it stoppped when we return?
oh yeah, the timer keeps ticking, but generaly the 3.5 hrs given to you per session, is assuming that you take breaks i guess....i mean you dont need 3.5 hrs to finish each session, as you generally reach a point where you are left with just 2 answers, and you either get it or dont get it.....i can remember that my 1st sesssion oon the 1st day was completed in just an a hour! so time is not a problem except the second day, where too many breaks might jeoparadise you....

if u can remember some tricky questions can u please post them???

ooops never! thats a violation of the exam policies dude!
but i can just say that you have to be smart enough in the exam, to think "beyond the box" in case a question appears too simple....yeah this also doesnt mean that you try to complicate a simple question for yourself....in all try to have a good balance..
good luck!
k'jal

hi kajalkiran

can you tell us how many questions repeat from the previous papers. how important are previous papers for part2?
is kaplan useful, or decks and papers shd be fine.
thanks in advance...

thanks for ur input on the exam kajal. was v helpful!

all the best with ur results. why settle for an 85 when u can get a higher score?!! all the best!! :)

i have some questions:

-i remember in the written exam they were so cool about us eating during the exam sessions- i had all this powerade and chocolates on my table. :D are they ok with us munching away during the CBT?? or do we have to reserve our hunger pangs for the breaks? [somehow i always ask questions related to food when it comes to exams!! :D ]

-any idea whether the CD that ADA provides as tutorial to the part 2 is helpful or not? it apparently doesnt have any sample questions from the exam. i guess it just teaches us how to click the mouse?!

we use shafer and levy for oral path in india too btw.

thanks for all the tips kajal.

I was just going through the 1998 Q paper, they have seperate sections on operative/ phramac etc. Is that how the current exam is....or is it just a random mix of all subjects ??

Hello everyone,
i am new to this thread,
my part 2 score is 86 and i want to improve it

when i took my part 2 i had problems with public health,very very difficult questions

would anyone tell me which book to refer for public health and behaviorial science
thanks

dear henna,

its all random ,questions from all the subjects will appear.

bye

can you tell us how many questions repeat from the previous papers. how important are previous papers for part2?
hey..the question papers weren't that helpful....except for a few which were directly imported.....however, they do provide you good material to practice and gain confidence before the exam...also look out for ones given by rakesh, and he has also recently given a link to some more.....
i donno anything about kaplan, but trying to answer a few questions from their material would do no harm....
why settle for an 85 when u can get a higher score?!! all the best!!
do i even have a choice?? also i meant that a score of 85 on my particular paper would be pretty good as it wasnt all tht a cake walk i believe....
and about munching and all that..dont you try, as i had specifically asked my center about it, who strongly refused it!
and about tutorial, before the start of each day you have a simple optional tutorial, and it is better you take it up.....
how the current exam is....or is it just a random mix of all subjects ??
random mix, as busy dentist said...
my part 2 score is 86 and i want to improve it
are you kidding??? this statement of yours might just depress all of us...if 86 needs improvement and that too in part 2, then i plan to pack my bags and head to south africa, as there's no way that i can think of scoring 98 and 99!!
but why do you wanna do it?? is it like a bet with your gal frnd/boy frnd ??
pls answer back to this qstn....

hi kajalkiran

no.................this is not any bet dear

well u see i didnt get into the school this time and if i apply again next year, i have to improve in some way,

i dont want to take part 1 because i think its a good score and i doubt that i will score more than 92 again,

then i cant change ECE, toefl i dont think it will help

what else can i change in my application package
so i am thinking of giving it a shot

any ideas are always welcomed

Members don't see this ad :)
kajal your such a nice girl thank you.
henna is there any paper after 1995?iam confused.:confused:

Originally posted by Henna
I was just going through the 1998 Q paper, they have seperate sections on operative/ phramac etc. Is that how the current exam is....or is it just a random mix of all subjects ??
i asked you in person since you posted that above.:)

its ok :),thanks god i havent missed anything.

Hi Folks ,
which books did you read for public health and Pedodontics?

hi henna,

i am working as a DA now.
and i had applied early too. all these didnt work out.
i didnt know its so difficult to get into the school
:mad: :mad:

good luck with your exams

bye

Originally posted by busydentist
hi henna,
and i had applied early too. all these didnt work out.
i didnt know its so difficult to get into the school
:mad: :mad:

bye

I am very surprised that you didnt get accepted this year, I am sorry about that too.
How many interviews did you attend ??
You have to look into where it went wrong so you don't repeat it next year, that's very important. You can also contact the schools and ask them of how you can improve your chances for the next academic year.
Good Luck !

believe me when iam saying this is the must bizzare thing i have ever heard since the establishment of periodontal plastic surgery,you got 92 part1 and 86 part 2 and you havent been accepted by any school?are you real mister?

Hi Folks,
Can anyone post a list of books for each suject of Part II?
Apart from the dental decks...
Thanks
eg
1.Operative dentistry: Sturdevant

Originally posted by toothlord
believe me when iam saying this is the must bizzare thing i have ever heard since the establishment of periodontal plastic surgery,you got 92 part1 and 86 part 2 and you havent been accepted by any school?are you real mister?
And has work experience AND applied early..
Guess I must kiss my dreams good bye:(

pinktooth,dont.
dont get frustrated because you read such a post on SDN,when you have a good status and try hard and perform all the possible means to get you there,then you will get there .
when i feel dissaponted i make a search for some sam3 post to feel good again.

Hi Toothlord,
Thanks...actually I am frustrated because I don't have any work ex(since I am a fresh graduate) ,no Part II and applied late and missed a lot of deadlines..............
I am just keeping my fingers crossed..and praying...
take care

hello

people dont panic!!!
when i attended the interview i didnt have work experience i got the job recently
but i updated my application material after the interview
i had applied early to boston,
aplied late to Upenn, NYU
boston still no response , upenn rejected ,nyu accepted but not interstead.

i dont have any hopes In BU,they are still reviewing my application
looks like i will be rejected or in the waiting list.
bye

hello pinktooth

dont get frustrated
i am for sure that u will get in BU
give them some time

bye

Hey guys.....I was just wondering whether work exp meant whatever exp u have from ur home country or exp here in the US?do they give any weightage to work exp from ur home country?

Hi friends,
how is the prep going??When r all planning to take part-2??

Originally posted by starwars
Hey guys.....I was just wondering whether work exp meant whatever exp u have from ur home country or exp here in the US?do they give any weightage to work exp from ur home country?

The short answer is yes. For the long answer, do a search on my posts.

Hi I'm preparing for the 2nd part as well and am half way through with the decks..should be ready by may end i think. My email is [email protected]

....ok guys, now this is good news....i got my part 2 scores today and the report reads 90!! was excited as a jelly! so, now may be i can say that the answers i had checked were indeed correct!
all the best to you guys who are due for this exam...

great scores kajal.......:clap: :clap:
all the best.....its time for u to celebrate:clap: :clap: :clap:

hi kajal,
A BIG Congrtats for that great score.it shows you have good clinical acumen.
All The Best ,
Pearlindia.

Hello,
Party time Kajal.Congratulations.

congrats kajal :clap: !!
great score!!

smiledentist

hey everybody! thanks a lot!

Hi Kajal.......
GREAT Score:clap: :clap: ..
Enjoy

wow kajal! CONGRATS!! amazing score! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: see dint i tell u not to shortchange urself and settle for just 85?! :D
now we can all start a "kajal's tips for part 2" thread! :D

kajal do post ur tips on "part 2 ndbe tips" please? the format is at the beginning of the thread. thanks.

Hey Kajal,
CONGRATS!What is your study pattern like...kindly keep the part 1 's motivated too!Enjoy!

hey everybody! thanks so much,,,it makes me feel so pampered, which i donwanna feel! well i've just posted my views and suggestions on the part 2 exam in the other thread..hope that helps....

Congrats Kajal! :clap:
That's a load out of your back!

I wonder when will I get ride of mine, :rolleyes:

congrats kajal and u deserve the pampered feeling....u have really been helping us out here with all our millions of doubts about the CBT! :)

how do u all feel about the radiograph questions in most papers? they are very unclear! do u all feel u can interpret them?

I am preparing for it too, I just started, Please consider me for any feed back.

wow ...whr did i miss this thread. kajal , amazing scores :thumbup: way to go girl. ghosh thts such s dream score.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats kajal...way to go!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: .
That's an awesome score..... :eek:

Luck in u'r future endevours
gorur