partial DITY question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delicatefade

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing a partial DITY and have a question. I've already done the empty weight of my POV at the local CatScale. I got the weighmaster's name and signature on the form. According to my checklist, which I just looked at today, I need the name, SSN, and signature of the weighmaster.

Has anyone who has recently done a DITY or partial DITY actually gotten someone to give you their SSN or will this be OK if I turn it in without??? I don't feel like driving 30 miles again to get my car re-weighed and ask the weighmaster for their SSN which they probably won't give out anyway (I sure wouldn't).....

Members don't see this ad.

I am doing a partial DITY and have a question. I've already done the empty weight of my POV at the local CatScale. I got the weighmaster's name and signature on the form. According to my checklist, which I just looked at today, I need the name, SSN, and signature of the weighmaster.

Has anyone who has recently done a DITY or partial DITY actually gotten someone to give you their SSN or will this be OK if I turn it in without??? I don't feel like driving 30 miles again to get my car re-weighed and ask the weighmaster for their SSN which they probably won't give out anyway (I sure wouldn't).....

I wouldn't worry about it. You are going to send all that stuff in when you "settle" and they will look at the weight, see that it is signed and enter the number. I would be REALLY surprised if you get delayed because there is no SSN on the ticket. But maybe someone else who knows for sure, or to whom this has happened can elucidate.

Members don't see this ad :)

It isn't their SSN that needs to be on the weigh slip, it is YOUR SSN. If it isn't on there, just write it on their yourself. They just use it to track all your paperwork together since the military is ******ed and hasn't figured out that we should keep our SSN a little more private.

I just DITY'd earlier this year.

Back during WWII, the military had an identification number that was different than the SSN.

Another example of how the military is slow to change...SSNs started to be given out to people in 1937, the service still hadn't caught on by WWII I am guessing, and now the service is slow to stop using the SSN for everything.

:)

For anybody that has recently separated...

Are you eligible for Partial DITY during separations?

For anybody that has recently separated...

Are you eligible for Partial DITY during separations?

Yes. I just did mine. Just be aware that the military will only pay to move you to your home of record or an equivalent distance. For example, if you are stationed in San Antonio and you are moving to Boston, but your home of record is St. Louis... they will only pay you to get as far as St. Louis.

I lucked out and my move was within the distance from my last duty station to my home of record, so they paid for it all... even $4.00/gal gasoline.

By the way, the outside world is WAAAAAAAAY better than the military. The grass is not only greener, it is lush and wonderful.

Yes. I just did mine. Just be aware that the military will only pay to move you to your home of record or an equivalent distance. For example, if you are stationed in San Antonio and you are moving to Boston, but your home of record is St. Louis... they will only pay you to get as far as St. Louis.

They will pay you to go to your home of record, or to where you first came on active duty.

So if you joined up while you were in Cali, but then became a resident of Florida. And separate while you are in...North Dakota, they will pay you to go to either of those two locations, or anywhere within the same mileage.

You can go farther as is mentioned, you just pay the rest. They do pay quite well for the partial DITY, mileage, per diem, etc...I made way more than I thought I would when I separated.

I turned my DITY stuff in a week ago at FSH and they said that missing the SSN was no big deal. They also told me it would only take 6 days to process. I'm guessing one of those statements will be accurate.

I turned my DITY stuff in a week ago at FSH and they said that missing the SSN was no big deal. They also told me it would only take 6 days to process. I'm guessing one of those statements will be accurate.

Hopefully they both are...6 days would be a pretty quick turn around. Usually if your SSN is missing, someone will just write it in for you.