Pass/Fail a grad school course??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rundontwalk09

Reaction score
I am currently in an MBS program, trying to apply in June to dental school. Not sure if I can make a B in one of my courses, so with that, how bad would it look if I took the 'pass" option? Where it shows you took the course on your transcript and passed, but there is no associated letter grade. Also, I was only going to take that if I end up w/ a C. But should I also do it if I get a B-? Just not sure what'll look best. I know it's a tough situation, given its a masters program, but things started off rough w/ some personal stuff goin on, so I couldn't start on the right foot.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any advice on what you should do but just something to think about; if you have some letter grades and one "pass" grade then it is most likely assumed it was not as good as the others (C or C+ usually). I dont know how much adcoms take that into consideration but just keep that in mind when making your decision and good luck with the rest of the semester!