• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Pass/Fail and Competitiveness

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
  1. Non-Student
Hey friends. Incoming OMS1 and just was thinking about something that left me curious. With many schools becoming P/F, and now that Step 1 is P/F as well, what is left to do to make one competitive for certain specialties? Originally, I was thinking that clinical grades may have been a place to distinguish myself, the school I am going to is transition to P/F.

I'm sure doing research in a specific field may help, but can't think of much else.
PDs don't care about your grades. Read this to see what they do like:

Ghost1995

2+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2018
In lieu of Step 1, the metric is now Step 2 CK
Then according to @Goro's document it seems the important parts of your app are your personal statement, social skills/emotional intelligence, LoR. At least for the family medicine section...which is what I'm gunning for ;)

Thats interesting though, because things like social skills don't come into play until interview time. But I guess Step 2 CK is the main barrier to gain an interview then.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.