Pass/Fail Prereq Looked Down Upon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrjbb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm in my last year of school. I will be applying for Fall '15. I took Statistics as a pass/fail grade a while back. I've seen that some schools require all psychology prerequisite courses to be passed with at minimum with a B or better.

Would having this stats course as pass/fail greatly handicap my application? Or should I retake it for a letter grade?

Members don't see this ad.

It may not mean anything in the background of, let's say, your high GPA. Either way, it will not "greatly" handicap you, but it depends on your overall admissions profile. Another possibility, and this depends on your school's rules, is to go back to the professor and see what grade you would have received and petition for a grade change. This is not very likely, but it may be allowed. Really though, if you have nothing better to be doing, then sure, retake the class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for your responses. I've actually just remembered that I took Intro to Psych as a CLEP a few years ago... So I guess that would be 2 pre-required courses without a letter grade.

Would it make a difference if I had a 4.0 in all of my other lower and upper level Psychology courses?