Pass/Fail Sociology Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whiskeyandrye

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm a junior applying this summer. Science GPA 3.75. I'm enrolled in Introduction to Sociology and thinking about taking it Pass/Fail. I've never taken a Pass/Fail class before. Any idea how medical schools would perceive this?
My motivation is that it'd give me much needed time to focus on the MCAT.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I'm a junior applying this summer. Science GPA 3.75. I'm enrolled in Introduction to Sociology and thinking about taking it Pass/Fail. I've never taken a Pass/Fail class before. Any idea how medical schools would perceive this?
My motivation is that it'd give me much needed time to focus on the MCAT.
Thank you!

I know there are a few schools with Behavioral Science course requirements (U of Illinois comes to mind), and I'm not sure if P/F courses contribute to fulfilling those. I'd look into the requirements for the schools you're interested in applying to, just in case, but otherwise I think you'd be fine. Good luck with the MCAT!

Sociology is so freaking easy! I only say this because I was going to take it P/F and I am so glad I didn't because I got an A+!
I am sure you could handle a course like sociology and get an A with your GPA track record :) If I were you I would not take it P/F.