Pass Program South advice please anybody -20 hrs left to decide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rishi718

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ive done some searches but hard to find anything satisfying

im considering the pass program starting real soon, more specifically the pass program south, and i dont have much time to say yes/no

i opted out of falcon 7 week program back in jan after last minute decision. huge mistake, i thought i could do more on my own. didnt happen

now its end of march, and i seriously dont want to be sitting here end of april regretting not taking the course.

imho, falcon > kaplan> pass >pass south?? any opinions on this

i never thought id be takin the 4th one, but its the only one starting asap and i guess ive settled and "cutting my losses"

it will end may 1st. and i taking test in june. im along the line of thought that i need to hurry and start asap b/c sooner the course is over, the more time i have for "real" study and consolidation

has anybody taken these courses or pass south or know who have

thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

this is in contrast to the faclon new york option
does anybody know if goljan will be there?

falcon program is only 1500 dollars vs 3500 for pass south. which is amazing. plus it is 5 weeks, one week longer than pass.

only problem is it also ends one month later. so essentially i am paying double+ to finish april 30th and not may 30th??

ideas, suggestions? am i wrong for wanting more time after course to consolidate or is it better to take sooner after test.

thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
i have to take test june

because of dates

the only option is falcon ny or pass south

there is very little info on pass south specifically vs pass. wondering if naybody has more to share

even faclon ny ends may 30 while pass ends april 30

so i want more time at end, so at this point

TWELEVE WEEKS LEFT. its either 4 weeks im giving to pass or no class at all. i will study on my own for full 12 weeks instead of 8 weeks after 4 weeks pass

but its huge decision, cus it will cost me huge loan, more interest, but MOST IMPORTANTLY it costs 33% of my PREP TIME and it starts tom so i need to decide asap

nobody's takin this course at all or know people who have??

I don't think you're getting much response because most American medical students don't tend to bother with purchasing and attending live a long review course like what you're describing, american med schools are expensive enough as it is and we don't get tons of time to study; the courses students do take are the types of things they can watch online and do on their own like DIT. There are other forums out there with more foreign medical students posting.

I just went through alot of the kaplan videos and I think those are a great alternative if you need an indepth background maybe even if you don't have their books and you can watch them on your own schedule.

My school has an algorithm to determine who is "at risk" of failing Step 1. For those folks they recommend PASS South. The administration has seen better results from this course than others. My school has only had three people do Falcon. Those three did well on STEP 1. My school is a top 25 school.

My school has an algorithm to determine who is "at risk" of failing Step 1. For those folks they recommend PASS South. The administration has seen better results from this course than others. My school has only had three people do Falcon. Those three did well on STEP 1. My school is a top 25 school.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what the algorithm is based on? Is it something like GPA and Kaplan pre-test assessments?

Hi rishi718,

I am going to be taking the PASS Program South after failing Step 1.

I was wondering if you wound up taking the PASS Program or not and if you have any feedback to share.

Like you, I've also been having a hard time finding a lot of feedback on these programs. Most of my classmates did not use a program to prep for Step 1, but on the other hand neither did I and now I have to re-take the exam, so I wanted to do a formal program this time around.

Last edited: