Passage based Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

l7anxtl7lvln2n

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, which companies offer questions in passage based format in biological science and physical sciences. I'm not so interested in the review of content. I need a solid book that'll help me with working the passages. I heard TBR was decent but thats a bit hefty in price. Any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd recommend not worrying too much about the price for a few books. You're getting yourself into a 100+ thousand dollar education, its a small drop in the bucket, man.

EK1001 Biology, EK101 Verbal are entirely passage based.

I'd recommend not worrying too much about the price for a few books. You're getting yourself into a 100+ thousand dollar education, its a small drop in the bucket, man.

EK1001 Biology, EK101 Verbal are entirely passage based.

I would tend to agree with this. If you do the MCAT, and you do it right, this is really just a small investment in the long run.

That being said, I think that the combo self-study program of kaplan and TPR is only about $200 altogether?

you guys know where i can find TPR verbal and science workbook? Cant seem to find them on ebay or amazon. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
For physics get the Nova Physics book, it increased my practice test scores in the physical sciences drastically. For biology, get examkrackers 1001 biology question book.

you guys know where i can find TPR verbal and science workbook? Cant seem to find them on ebay or amazon. :(

Unfortunately, I think the TPR workbooks are only available with the course. I'm not sure if buying them second hand is 'legal' or not.

The other books suggested are good books too.

For MCAT, more practice is always good. You should try to get your hands on as many practice materials as possible! Find out your weaker areas and look for review books related to that particular subject. For example, if one of your weaker areas is Physics, then try to get your hands on Nova Physics. Do a search on this forum and I am sure you can find which practice material is good for each subject. Good luck. :thumbup: