Passed a Loading Schoolbus when I was 16

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TipToad

Fat Acetone
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried searching the forum for this, but I couldn't really find anybody that was in a similar position. When I was 16, I passed a loading school bus. Basically, I showed up to court and paid a fine. I was put on a "probation" for 3 months, but afterwards, the judge said it would be removed from my record.

Do I need to mark "Yes" on the misdemeanor question portion of the AMCAS? I was a juvenile, but passing a loading school bus is slightly more serious than a speeding ticket. (I just wasn't paying any attention.)

Members don't see this ad.

Only way to know for sure is to have a background check run on yourself.

I tried searching the forum for this, but I couldn't really find anybody that was in a similar position. When I was 16, I passed a loading school bus. Basically, I showed up to court and paid a fine. I was put on a "probation" for 3 months, but afterwards, the judge said it would be removed from my record.

Do I need to mark "Yes" on the misdemeanor question portion of the AMCAS? I was a juvenile, but passing a loading school bus is slightly more serious than a speeding ticket. (I just wasn't paying any attention.)
Was it a criminal offense, or a civil infraction? If you don't know, you need to contact the court system where you received the offense and/or a lawyer. If it wasn't a criminal offense, you can honestly answer the "do you have any criminal history" question with a no.

The fact you were on "probation" could easily have been driving probation (get another ticket, you lose your license) and not a criminal probation. No one here can tell you exactly what the case was, though, so talk to someone who would know the laws where you got the infraction.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was it a "Probation Before Justice" (PBJ)? I'm pretty sure a PBJ means that it will be wiped from your record and you can check "no".

Can someone else confirm?

Amcas asks for convictions EXCLUDING those in which you were a juvenile. So no, you don't have to answer yes

I called the district court this morning. Since I participated in a "first offender" class, my charge was dismissed. They said if someone was to do a criminal background check, it would not show up because the court hasn't released the information. They would only release it if I get arrested.

So I guess I'm marking "No."

Ive gotten somewhere near 20 speeding tickets etc since I started driving and nothing ever showed up on any background check.

Relax, you are fine...especially since the charge was dismissed.

Ive gotten somewhere near 20 speeding tickets etc since I started driving and nothing ever showed up on any background check.

Good lord, how fast do you drive to be caught that many times?

You are a monster. How can we sleep at night with people like you on the loose?

How do you still have a license?!?! haha.

haha i wonder sometimes. Lets keep in mind I am older so its not like i just got my license....and ive moved a few times...so this is in multiple states haha. In grad school I had a professor (assistant DA in philly) tell me to plead not guilty, get the court date, write a letter explaining the situation, that ur a med/grad/college student and that you cant make your court date due to academic obligations. I **** you not ive gotten like 8 tickets reduced to non moving violations by doing this...I actually have no points currently on my license.

Another funny story since I know ur a gun guy....I was driving with my buddy a few weeks back....both of us are CCWin and dammit I get stopped by a trooper...i was doing 79/65. He comes up to the window and asks for the usual...so I say "before i go moving around I wanted to let you know I have a concealed weapons license and I am carrying right now." He asks to see the permit, says thank you....and then thanks me for being responsible and sends me away ticketless!!!! haha it was awesome!

Good lord, how fast do you drive to be caught that many times?

Eh usually around 80/65. I used to do a lot of highway driving. This is a list of my last 4 cars..and youll see why I get stopped so much:

2002 modded WRX
1998 Audi A4 1.8t
2006 Audi A4 2.0t
2009 VW GTI

I just drive cars that stand out to cops. But I be stylin'

Eh usually around 80/65. I used to do a lot of highway driving. This is a list of my last 4 cars..and youll see why I get stopped so much:

2002 modded WRX
1998 Audi A4 1.8t
2006 Audi A4 2.0t
2009 VW GTI

I just drive cars that stand out to cops. But I be stylin'

I assume that the WRX had that electric blue exterior paint? Also, I love Audis! They're surprisingly nimble for a 4-cylinder because of the turbo.

haha i wonder sometimes. Lets keep in mind I am older so its not like i just got my license....and ive moved a few times...so this is in multiple states haha. In grad school I had a professor (assistant DA in philly) tell me to plead not guilty, get the court date, write a letter explaining the situation, that ur a med/grad/college student and that you cant make your court date due to academic obligations. I **** you not ive gotten like 8 tickets reduced to non moving violations by doing this...I actually have no points currently on my license.

Another funny story since I know ur a gun guy....I was driving with my buddy a few weeks back....both of us are CCWin and dammit I get stopped by a trooper...i was doing 79/65. He comes up to the window and asks for the usual...so I say "before i go moving around I wanted to let you know I have a concealed weapons license and I am carrying right now." He asks to see the permit, says thank you....and then thanks me for being responsible and sends me away ticketless!!!! haha it was awesome!

Dude! We need to PM again some time but I bet you're crazy busy with boards right now....

I am actually more cautious when ccw'ing, always terrified I am going to get pulled over by some nut who thinks only cops should be carrying.... It doesn't help my city is VERY anti-gun, eh. But awesome story, glad to hear it went smoothly!:thumbup:

Bolded is.... amazing, hah.

You need to become good friends with a lawyer or judge. Seriously. :D

Dude! We need to PM again some time but I bet you're crazy busy with boards right now....

I am actually more cautious when ccw'ing, always terrified I am going to get pulled over by some nut who thinks only cops should be carrying.... It doesn't help my city is VERY anti-gun, eh. But awesome story, glad to hear it went smoothly!:thumbup:

Bolded is.... amazing, hah.

haha yeah def...it has worked every time for me somehow. I have no issue with paying a fine...just dont want to get raped by insurance!!! Well PM after I am done haha i have 25 days left till boards! ahhhhh

I assume that the WRX had that electric blue exterior paint? Also, I love Audis! They're surprisingly nimble for a 4-cylinder because of the turbo.

Sadly my WRX was black. My parents got it for me my senior year of highschool in 2002 as a bribe to go to a state school haha. Dont worry all my other cars I have purchased myself. It was literally the only WRX they had on the lot because it was so early on and they just started coming to the states. I miss her :(. The A4s are decently quick. APR makes a great ECU reflash for em....that motor was 200 stock and with the reflash i was somewhere in the low 220s/230s. The GTI has a similar motor (basically the newer version of the 1.8t...in 2.0t) and with a carbon fiber intake and stg 1 reflash the GTI has about 260 hp at the crank...and for a small coupe thats fine for now...you just burn through tires like nobody's business.

Attachments

• 14235_567213183289_21800158_33511081_2977797_n.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 7021_558140529959_21800158_33212854_7016044_n.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 35