Passed NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eveningstar16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Happy to announce I passed the NAPLEX I took on 12/29 on my first try with a 91, now waiting for my license to process :). I started studying at the end of October and used RxPrep and the 2017 NAPLEX Practice Questions by Maryam M. Khazraee, PharmD, RPh, as well as quizlets and NAPLEX Nuggets by Dr. Eric Christianson https://www.meded101.com/author/chri1599/ (super helpful guy, he also offers his own 250 questions much cheaper than the pre-NAPLEX though I did not purchase it). Another site that is fantastic for testing your knowledge is http://pharmafactz.com/, they have tons of quizzes and infographics (however, they are European-based, so beware some drugs they ask about are not marketed in the USA, and call acetaminophen "paracetamol" etc.).

Basically the test I took was very straightforward, lots of ID (meningitis, STDs, CAP), lots of HIV, lots of calculations (I was surprised it was almost half of my exam, but they were basic dimensional analysis/CrCl questions, they even gave me one of the pH ionization equations, know your pediatric acetaminophen and ibuprofen doses in mg/kg and dose/mL!), lots of biostats (RR, RRR, ARR, NNT), vaccines, some compounding, and other general questions. Some questions I took 5 minutes on, some I answered within 5 seconds. I didn't take a break (and had some lower back pain afterwards lol), just because it would have taken the focus away and the procedure for rescanning your palm to reenter the room would have been too cumbersome. Just pace yourself in practice questions and you'll do fine, I finished with 10 minutes left. There's no going back on questions, so double-check your answers. I spent 5-8 hours studying almost every day (and silly me wanted to do an all-nighter the night before to look over anything I missed, so I ended up with 1 hour of sleep-not recommended!). Good luck everyone, you'll do fine! It's a difficult exam to study for, but when you've gone through almost everything in the RxPrep book, it should be much easier.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Happy to announce I passed the NAPLEX I took on 12/29 on my first try with a 91, now waiting for my license to process :). I started studying at the end of October and used RxPrep and the 2017 NAPLEX Practice Questions by Maryam M. Khazraee, PharmD, RPh, as well as quizlets and NAPLEX Nuggets by Dr. Eric Christianson https://www.meded101.com/author/chri1599/ (super helpful guy, he also offers his own 250 questions much cheaper than the pre-NAPLEX though I did not purchase it). Another site that is fantastic for testing your knowledge is http://pharmafactz.com/, they have tons of quizzes and infographics (however, they are European-based, so beware some drugs they ask about are not marketed in the USA, and call acetaminophen "paracetamol" etc.).

Basically the test I took was very straightforward, lots of ID (meningitis, STDs, CAP), lots of HIV, lots of calculations (I was surprised it was almost half of my exam, but they were basic dimensional analysis/CrCl questions, they even gave me one of the pH ionization equations, know your pediatric acetaminophen and ibuprofen doses in mg/kg and dose/mL!), lots of biostats (RR, RRR, ARR, NNT), vaccines, some compounding, and other general questions. Some questions I took 5 minutes on, some I answered within 5 seconds. I didn't take a break (and had some lower back pain afterwards lol), just because it would have taken the focus away and the procedure for rescanning your palm to reenter the room would have been too cumbersome. Just pace yourself in practice questions and you'll do fine, I finished with 10 minutes left. There's no going back on questions, so double-check your answers. I spent 5-8 hours studying almost every day (and silly me wanted to do an all-nighter the night before to look over anything I missed, so I ended up with 1 hour of sleep-not recommended!). Good luck everyone, you'll do fine! It's a difficult exam to study for, but when you've gone through almost everything in the RxPrep book, it should be much easier.

P.S. Please message me if you are interested in buying the 2017 NAPLEX Practice Questions book from me. It was extremely helpful and covers the NAPLEX exactly with great answer explanations, there were even some questions that were on my exam (I bought it for $143, I have it listed on Amazon for $130 + $3.99 shipping because they'll take $20 in fees out for me but I can take the best offer https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1532924399/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all).
What did u study for mpje

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,where are you from? Did you study in US? Do you have material from Eric Christianson? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Yes, I'm from Florida, but I found that PharmaFactz website while in school and it has been super helpful and easy to use as a study guide, they're on facebook too. I only downloaded Dr. Christianson's Naplex Nuggets book for free on Amazon Kindle (which is 30 days free trial for Unlimited Kindle).

For the FL MPJE I studied Dr. Seamon's 2016 notes, Reiss's guide to federal law (which has 300 practice questions), Florida Pharmacy Law by Maryam M. Khazraee 2015 edition (here's the 2016 edition Amazon product, mine had 75 federal law practice questions and 75 FL law practice questions), I thoroughly read through the PPPA online, as well as some of the actual rules and statutes.

Last edited:

I will be taking the NAPLEX sometime in June/July and was wondering what the new passing score was? I hadn't heard yet from anyone if they changed that too. Thanks and congrats!!!!

hey sent you message about your 2017 naplex practice question, but you never got back to me

Hello I currently passed my naplex. I am selling my PNN study material. I believe this helped me much more than Rxprep. it was my second attempt taking the exam. If anyone is interested please message me . I also have pronto pass math cards for anyone struggling with the math portion and being able to do it under 2 minutes.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello I currently passed my naplex. I am selling my PNN study material. I believe this helped me much more than Rxprep. it was my second attempt taking the exam. If anyone is interested please message me . I also have pronto pass math cards for anyone struggling with the math portion and being able to do it under 2 minutes.

hello pharmacy Doc am interested in buying ur PNN pls contact me via my email address which is [email protected]

How much are u selling for . I need it desperately . I have RxPrep but it's not working for me. Thank you

Please contact me [email protected]

Still available to sell? Thank you :)

is this still available?