passed step 3! happy patty day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lfesiam

Regional Guy for Hire!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whoo hoo! score report back today on St. Patty day with room to spare. Guiness for all! looking back, a good 1-2 hours/day studying on an elective month should be more than enough for this sucker.

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome, congrats!

And thanks for all the solid, thorough, well-researched, detailed and meticulous information you consistently provided for we applicants prior to ranking. I cannot tell you just how much that helped (and how much it meant).:biglove:

PS: How bad was the CCS portion of it? I take Step 3 next month and although I'm not uber concerned, what a way to rip >$1,000 off of you...again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoo hoo! score report back today on St. Patty day with room to spare. Guiness for all! looking back, a good 1-2 hours/day studying on an elective month should be more than enough for this sucker.

Congratulations.. Better drink up. I haven't been on SDN in quite some time but I hope intern year is treating you well. Its good to see most of the regulars are still posting. June I officially start anesthesia (our "elective" that is mandatory for all PGY1's). Def. not complaining. I take step 3 mon/tues, I hope it goes well. Take care.

Awesome, congrats!

And thanks for all the solid, thorough, well-researched, detailed and meticulous information you consistently provided for we applicants prior to ranking. I cannot tell you just how much that helped (and how much it meant).:biglove:

PS: How bad was the CCS portion of it? I take Step 3 next month and although I'm not uber concerned, what a way to rip >$1,000 off of you...again!

Eta- no prob :) CCS portion was cake. Super easy. just make sure you practice the USMLEWorld CCS module to get the feel of what to "order". My CCS consist roughly of (without violating the test taking rule, i'm mixing this with USMLEworld CCS) = Ruptured AAA, DUB, RSV in kids, Hypothyroid, Appy, Pancreatitis, Endocarditis, diff Early Puberty presentations, PCOS, Dementia, etc.........

Rxboy - right there with u bud, the year is almost over. I got my green guiness shirt on and taking the wifey out for a good st. patty celebration.

- will start a thread soon on the how to survive the intern year without getting bitter (& remaining positive) + how to deal with conflicts + how to work efficiently + with an anesthesiology flavor spin.

Last edited:
Eta- no prob :) CCS portion was cake. Super easy. just make sure you practice the USMLEWorld CCS module to get the feel of what to "order". My CCS consist roughly of (without violating the test taking rule, i'm mixing this with USMLEworld CCS) = Ruptured AAA, DUB, RSV in kids, Hypothyroid, Appy, Pancreatitis, Endocarditis, diff Early Puberty presentations, PCOS, Dementia, etc.........

Rxboy - right there with u bud, the year is almost over. I got my green guiness shirt on and taking the wifey out for a good st. patty celebration.

- will start a thread soon on the how to survive the intern year without getting bitter (& remaining positive) + how to deal with conflicts + how to work efficiently + with an anesthesiology flavor spin.

Instead of coughing up the dough for USMLEWorld CCS, just download the software from the official NBME website. It has enough practice scenarios for you to pass.

Getting bitter is tough to avoid...I made it all the way to March. March has been a bitter month. I'm usually a very positive person, and this is just a slump.

I'll keep an eye out for your thread, and maybe I can contribute...assuming my bitterness has not overwhelmed me :)

beav