past AMCAS applications?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akanene

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i will be out of the country and not have very accessbile internet access for april and may and was wondering if there was a way to look at the AMCAS application before it goes online for this next application period to know exactly what i need to have things set to apply when i get back (i already am working on the PS). ive looked on the website and I can still sign up for the 2005 application period, but will this look bad or weird to have signed up with no intention of really applying until the new application goes up this summer?

Members don't see this ad.

akanene said:
i will be out of the country and not have very accessbile internet access for april and may and was wondering if there was a way to look at the AMCAS application before it goes online for this next application period to know exactly what i need to have things set to apply when i get back (i already am working on the PS). ive looked on the website and I can still sign up for the 2005 application period, but will this look bad or weird to have signed up with no intention of really applying until the new application goes up this summer?

i remember having a guide that told me what information i needed in order to fill out the AMCAS. You should be able to download it off the AAMC website. Oh, and yes, if you can still sign up for the 2005 application, then do it. Just don't press the SUMBIT button.

Umm...I don't think it would be a big deal if you submitted it in June. I did mine late August and I've already gotten into med school. Plus, if you have your PS statement done, the rest is just busy work. If you want, compose a list of up to 15 ECs/research activites/awards with a few sentences describing each of them. Don't stress...the hardest part is the PS and you seem to be on top of that.