Past marijuana usage and HPSP

Started by wookiee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wookiee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this has been asked before, but the most recent thread I could find that was informative was from 2007, and I know these scholarships have become much more competitive since.

Anyways, I have smoked marijuana twice, most recently when I was 17. I didn't want to lie to the federal government, so I answered I answered "yes" when asked at MEPS and on the application. I really want to be in the Army, but I am really worried that I screwed myself for being honest, and that it will DQ me.

Has anyone in the last few years answered "yes" and received the scholarship? I would appreciate all responses, including PMs.

PS my application besides that is pretty solid -- 3.8 GPA, 22 AA, and 23 TS on DAT.
 
It may be a way for them to "weed" you out 😛. Kidding aside. I doubt it would be an issue. It's asked when you interview too. It would be hard to find anyone who hasn't at least tried it out there. I'd be more inclined to think you were being dishonest by answering "no".
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The way recruiters tell you to approach the situation is that you tried it experimentally. They don't care about someone who has tried it before. They want to make sure you don't have a drug or alcohol abuse problem.

You'll find out if you're qualified pretty quickly but I wouldn't stress.
 
I know this has been asked before, but the most recent thread I could find that was informative was from 2007, and I know these scholarships have become much more competitive since.

Anyways, I have smoked marijuana twice, most recently when I was 17. I didn't want to lie to the federal government, so I answered I answered "yes" when asked at MEPS and on the application. I really want to be in the Army, but I am really worried that I screwed myself for being honest, and that it will DQ me.

Has anyone in the last few years answered "yes" and received the scholarship? I would appreciate all responses, including PMs.

PS my application besides that is pretty solid -- 3.8 GPA, 22 AA, and 23 TS on DAT.
How did this turn out for you? I am in a similar situation.
 
How did this turn out for you? I am in a similar situation.
1752245143585.png


Big Hoss
 
THC is legal in 37 states. Members are allowed to join the Navy if they report previous THC usage. You just must refrain from its use while you are in the Navy.