PAT Booster vs Real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chicago_predental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
DAT is next week, and am really freaking out about my PAT Booster scores. I took 3 practice tests and scored 18,17,18. Those who used this program and took the DAT, did you feel it was indicative of your real DAT scores or was it much harder? Thanks for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

It’s funny cause a couple weeks ago I actually made a thread about the same question your asking. In my experience I used PAT booster for about 2 weeks before my exam, was consistently scoring 17-18 on all 7 of the practice tests. Ended up receiving a 21 on the real DAT. I think for real DAT, the sections are all slightly easier than PAT booster with the exception of angle ranking and cube counting which are quite similar in difficulty. Make sure to really practice your weakest areas a lot more than the sections your doing well on since your exam is close and start to focus on speed when using the generators. With a week left and 4 exams left I would also plan to get those exams done (one every day) and also use the PAT booster generator on sections your lacking in if you have time. Good luck on your exam and I’m sure you’ll be fine

It’s funny cause a couple weeks ago I actually made a thread about the same question your asking. In my experience I used PAT booster for about 2 weeks before my exam, was consistently scoring 17-18 on all 7 of the practice tests. Ended up receiving a 21 on the real DAT. I think for real DAT, the sections are all slightly easier than PAT booster with the exception of angle ranking and cube counting which are quite similar in difficulty. Make sure to really practice your weakest areas a lot more than the sections your doing well on since your exam is close and start to focus on speed when using the generators. With a week left and 4 exams left I would also plan to get those exams done (one every day) and also use the PAT booster generator on sections your lacking in if you have time. Good luck on your exam and I’m sure you’ll be fine
lol! You make a good point with doing a practice test a day, keyholes are really killer! Im usually good on the generators but some of the questions are really tough on the practice exams

On my DAT I would say TFE and keyholes were significantly easier than booster. Also, for TFE you can easily eliminate two choices just by using projection alignment (how the views are supposed to line up) for every question. Also the shapes were simple. No diagonals, triangles, etc. Good luck!

P.S. Angles on my DAT were harder than booster.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol! You make a good point with doing a practice test a day, keyholes are really killer! Im usually good on the generators but some of the questions are really tough on the practice exams
The keyhole section I thought while doing PAT booster tests was almost funny how hard it was. To me, the real DAT was much easier/ had way clearer right or wrong answers than did the PAT booster key hole questions. I don’t have a crazy high PAT score so maybe I’m not the best person to advise you but I think what I’m saying is pretty accurate

The keyhole section I thought while doing PAT booster tests was almost funny how hard it was. To me, the real DAT was much easier/ had way clearer right or wrong answers than did the PAT booster key hole questions. I don’t have a crazy high PAT score so maybe I’m not the best person to advise you but I think what I’m saying is pretty accurate

I ended up getting a 30 on the PAT and I thought it was very similar/identical to PATBooster. Tbh it varies depending on the version you get on test dat.

@Chicago_predental Chances are that you'll do better than what you're scoring on PATBooster but still try to aim consistently for a 20+. And be prepared to get a test as difficult as the ones on PATBooster, my exam was on par.

On my DAT I would say TFE and keyholes were significantly easier than booster. Also, for TFE you can easily eliminate two choices just by using projection alignment (how the views are supposed to line up) for every question. Also the shapes were simple. No diagonals, triangles, etc. Good luck!

P.S. Angles on my DAT were harder than booster.
So far Ive been using this technique and its getting way better