Pathologist kills family, self

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tragic...a guy snaps and takes out innocents around him. The 1 y.o. baby is absolutely horrifying. I wonder why the article mentioned his undergrad, med school and fellowship, but not where he did residency? There might be some posters on here who know him.

Usually Webb reports these stories. Interesting, yet tragic read...

Who am I Nancy Grace? I don't report all the murder and mayhem stories. :laugh:

Says he did his residency at Ball Memorial in Muncie Indiana. They closed that program in recent years. Working on Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio border, I know many pathologists who did their residency there.

http://health.usnews.com/doctors/john-lunetta-642099

Members don't see this ad :)
Tragic...a guy snaps and takes out innocents around him. The 1 y.o. baby is absolutely horrifying. I wonder why the article mentioned his undergrad, med school and fellowship, but not where he did residency? There might be some posters on here who know him.

Usually Webb reports these stories. Interesting, yet tragic read...

I knew him and he was a good resident and person. I can't imagine what happened in the last few years that could have made him snap like this. Very tragic news.

Truly unfortunate. Considered him a friend though hadn't talked to him much since residency & fellowship. To say I'm still in shock is an understatement.
It sounds cliche to say "I never thought he was capable of something like that,"...but there truly are no words to explain it away.
I didn't know his past, other than that his military time almost certainly didn't provide any source for PTSD (don't think he ever even deployed), but surmising that he simply snapped in a fit of blind rage is the only explanation I can fathom. He loved his kid, he loved his dog, he loved life, or so I thought.
I just don't understand, and I never will.

Holy hell I think I actually knew this guy...damn this website.

Who am I Nancy Grace? I don't report all the murder and mayhem stories. :laugh:

Says he did his residency at Ball Memorial in Muncie Indiana. They closed that program in recent years. Working on Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio border, I know many pathologists who did their residency there.

http://health.usnews.com/doctors/john-lunetta-642099

Another article said it was IU - training and blood bank. Feel like I know him too - definitely looks familiar. I was at IU for a month once and probably met him. So sad when people snap.

Article makes it sound like a somewhat typical domestic gone horrible. To be honest, partner homicide/suicide is not that uncommon (depending on your definition) at least in the world of death investigation -- they get reported on but usually don't get much attention these days if it's just the two. Thankfully kids being included in the count is much less common. Not that the surviving 10 yo in this situation escapes all the effects.

Just checking in to see if there are still no jobs in pathology. Come across thread "pathologist kills family-dog-self". meme

Status
Not open for further replies.