Path's lead is shrinking..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EctopicFetus

Keeping it funky enough
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We caught up by 5263 posts in 2 1/2 months!! WOW :eek:

I propose this whole thread to be a good reason for us to +pad+ as of today they have 33,766 and we have (not including this here post) 28,503, so we are down by 5263.

I think we should just post random, interesting and funny stories here and +pad+. Lets close the gap to 4K by Match Day! Surely we will all start a thread to discuss our interviews and match lists, then the match results! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Random post pad: I have a cat named Zucchini.

Helping to close the gap.

Members don't see this ad :)
Random non-EM topic.

What do you guys think about England now giving out the names of sperm donors to their offspring when they are 18. I dont believe that this is retroactive (I cant imagine it would be). I think that it would be better to keep things as is, or at the very least let donors make the decision and then let the mother decide which sperm she wants (from the unknown or the future known).

Soup said:
Helping to close the gap.

Why not contribute something as well. Perhaps a good drunken story from this weekend? or the like.. But of any post is better than no post!

+pad+

What it that we're doing here?

Oh, I get it.

(was that too obvious?) :rolleyes:

I mean honestly what do they talk about? Oh man.. I was looking at this slide and...well.. i guess thats what they talk about!

EctopicFetus said:
Random non-EM topic.

What do you guys think about England now giving out the names of sperm donors to their offspring when they are 18. I dont believe that this is retroactive (I cant imagine it would be). I think that it would be better to keep things as is, or at the very least let donors make the decision and then let the mother decide which sperm she wants (from the unknown or the future known).
Here's a related NON-EM thought, wouldn't it be funny if the sperm donor turned out to be some guy the mother had dated, but didn't have sex with because she thought he wasn't worthy..... :smuggrin:

EctopicFetus said:
I mean honestly what do they talk about? Oh man.. I was looking at this slide and...well.. i guess thats what they talk about!

We seem to have a relatively active EM applicant pool. If a decent chunk of the applicants stay on SDN as residents the "things I've learned from my patients" thread alone should keep us afloat. :D

DrMom said:
We seem to have a relatively active EM applicant pool. If a decent chunk of the applicants stay on SDN as residents the "things I've learned from my patients" thread alone should keep us afloat. :D

If we help with the pad posting in the EM forum as medical students, will that help us get an EM residency? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Not EM related but EMS related, I figured what the heck.

Called to eval a Pt with Right Elbow pain. Pt is under arrest for peeing on a hotel front desk, apparently the close bathroom was closed and the other one was 50 feet too far.

Pt: Don't step in the pee.
Me: Where?
Pt: there
Me: Thanks, Why is there pee on the ground?
Pt: I peed (sp?)
Me: oh, why on the ground?
Pt: I had to go
Me: What's wrong with the restroom?
Pt: They wouldn't take me?
Me: Why?
Pt: No body wanted to touch it.
Me: Touch what?
Pt: My Thing! (motions with head toward crotch)
Me: Your penis
Pt: Penis?
Me: that thing you pee out of.
Pt: Oh.
Me: Why did they need to touch "it."
Pt: Because they have these around my wrists
Me: Hand-cuffs
Pt: Hand-cuffs?
Me: yea, those metal things around your wrists.

Me: What wrong today?
Pt: My elbow hurts
Me: Which one?
Pt: The right one
Me:The right one hurts?
Pt: yes.
Me: Why?
Pt: I had surgery.
Me: On what?
Pt: My elbow.
Me: The right one?
Pt: Yes.
Me: How long ago?
Pt: 6 months
Me: Does your elbow always hurt?
Pt: No.
Me: Well, It's probably not because of the surgery.
Pt: No?
Me: It's probably because of the hand-cuffs
Pt: Hand-cuffs?
Me: Yea, those metal things around your wrists

Pt: How can I keep this pain from happening again?
Me: avoid hand-cuffs.
Pt: ????
Me: Don't pee on desks that aren't yours.

I love it...

On more thing +pad+

in hindsight I should have divided that thing up into like 20 posts. I'm sure I'll learn one day.

Man what a crappy weekend of football the good thing is that this week with turkey day and all there will be a lot of good interesting games... Whats the game you want to watch this weekend. (Not nec the best game, just the one you want to watch)? Ill go UF-FSU.. Ill be rooting for both of them to lose! Go CANES!!..

Personally it would be a great week if there was no football. :)

I tried to tell that to some buddies. They responded with something about the end of the world and soccer like rioting.

Hmmm. What? Huh?

DrMom said:
It's really quite amazing how chatty the path folks are.
My pathology professor is quite a charismatic guy...apparently you have to be with all of the interactions you have with other specialties. Of course, EM is the same with that respect is it not?

I am proud to say that the Path guys at my school are the ones who wrote the BRS and actually they are quite great teachers. The lead author Arthur S. Schneider (whose initials are ASS BTW) is a truly great guy, he has won the Golden Apple award for the past 3 yrs. He is really quite good at what he does.

BTW, I was wondering what do a lot of residents do for fun besides consume EtOH.

In Russia, EtOH consumes you!

Reactions: 1 user
Update on post count..

Today nov 21..

Us - 28,562

Them - 33,805

Difference - 5,243 Change from Yesterday - 20.. so we caught up by 20 posts.. We got a long way to go people. Of course if we keep this up we will gain 600 in this month.

EctopicFetus said:
Update on post count..

Today nov 21..

Us - 28,562

Them - 33,805

Difference - 5,243 Change from Yesterday - 20.. so we caught up by 20 posts.. We got a long way to go people. Of course if we keep this up we will gain 600 in this month.

Dunno the exact numbers, but in mid march EM had 3000 more posts than path, now path has 5,000 more than EM. Get to work people!

p.s. +pad+

Based on your avatar Im guessing you are the Path man..

E... A... G... L... E... S.... EAGLES

Oh wait. I forgot they have forsaken me.
Nevermind then.
+pad+ OUT!

Random thought. Wife Swap? How do they get these people agree to be on this show. Umm excuse me mamm. You are at least 400 lbs. and we think it would be really funny to have you switch families with the bodybuilding family on the other side of the country and televise your short comings on national tv, what do you think?

By the way. Season 2 of Scrubs just released on DVD and I have spent the past two evenings trying not to pee the couch as I laugh. If your allready a fan go pick it up. If not you should be. Go pick it up

drkp said:
By the way. Season 2 of Scrubs just released on DVD and I have spent the past two evenings trying not to pee the couch as I laugh. If your allready a fan go pick it up. If not you should be. Go pick it up

That needs to be added to my Christmas wish-list. :thumbup:

Anyone going to the DMB concert in Minneapolis this Saturday? Not their greatest work, but should be a good time nonetheless :horns:

Uhh what if we arent in Minny. I am going to see my neice for the first time this weekend! awesome! :thumbup:

Anyone doing anything particularly cool (besides DMB) this weekend? or are most of the residents going to be working?

EctopicFetus said:
Anyone doing anything particularly cool (besides DMB) this weekend? or are most of the residents going to be working?

If by cool you mean driving 800 miles with two children, then yep. I'll be real cool :cool:

almost forgot... +pad+

EM Posts - 28,648
Path Posts - 33,850

Difference - 5,202

Change from yesterday - 41

Nice work.. Coincidentally thats about as many as are in this thread..

+pad+

Hell.. 44 I wish we could just post some picture and talk about it for hours.. That would get our posts up.

Ok ectopic, picture a peanut..............................................................
Got it...........
Good.
Now, the peanut is neither a pea nor a nut, discuss:

If you didnt get the jist of what I was talking about I was referring to Path..

the peanut is a similar size to a pea and it is a nut.. Who said it isnt?

A better one.. If corn oil comes from corn and peanut oil from peanuts, and olive oil from olives where does baby oil come from? I know you have heard this before. :)

EctopicFetus said:
If you didnt get the jist of what I was talking about I was referring to Path..

the peanut is a similar size to a pea and it is a nut.. Who said it isnt?

A better one.. If corn oil comes from corn and peanut oil from peanuts, and olive oil from olives where does baby oil come from? I know you have heard this before. :)
I got it. Just wanted to take the thread a different direction. I'm not a big fan of making fun of any other specialty in medicine. Well outside of surgery that is. Oh yeah and ob/gyn..... and rads....and .....oh screw this high road crap it's just no fun! If they call us prostitutes the let em have it.
Anywhoooo.......
Just one of many sources after a quick google http://www.phelios.com/sd/archives/nov03.html

So I guess it was probably those silly botanists who said it isn't.
Moving on, I want you to picture Rhode Island.
Got it...
Good.
Neither a road nor an island. Discuss
Eh nevermind I'll debunk this one myself Seeing as I used to live a few blocks from Rhode Island Ave. Not a nice road but a road never the less
I hadn't heard that baby oil one in a long time. I like it though ;)

EctopicFetus said:

I'm gonna be the one to lay it out to get it stepped on.......so, what's the punchline??

EctopicFetus said:

I am going on a cruise this Saturday - next Thurs (Dec 1st). I will unfortunately miss the first interviews at our progrma this season (Nov 30th). However, the day I get back, Dec 1st, I should know where I will be working!

Quinn

Globus P said:
I'm gonna be the one to lay it out to get it stepped on.......so, what's the punchline??

There is no punchline.. It is simply something to think about.

BTW did anyone see that ugly dog Sam. He died as his owner put him down since he had heart failure. I will say that was one ugly ugly animal.

Quick joke... it is an optometry/ophtho joke.

So this guy calls his boss and says "I cant come in to work today cause I am sick. I have anal glaucoma." (stop me if you heard this before)... The boss says to him. "hmm weird I have never heard of that before. Will you be ok? What exactly is that?" The guy responds.. it means I dont see my ass coming into work today." :) :D