Pattern Folding Generator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babytomato

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know angle ranking tends to be easier on the DAT than the generators but how do pattern folding questions on the DAT compare to those on the generator? I've been getting around 10/15 right.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven’t taken my DAT yet (I’m taking it next week), but from what I have heard, pattern folding is easier on the real DAT. I have also heard the DAT has harder TFE and keyhole questions compared to BC.

I feel the BC generator is easier because there always seems to be a face with a pattern on it. However, half of my DAT pattern folding were all-white and you had to figure out the obscure 3D shape it makes. So I feel BC didn’t train in this as well. Angle ranking seemed easier on the DAT. Keyholes and TFE are slightly more complex than the generator. A good representation of the DAT is taking tests 6-10.

Thanks guys! I took the DAT two weeks ago and thought most of it was slightly easier than generators; hold punch and keyholes were on par. Although each test is different.

I agree that the folding on the DAT was slightly easier than the generators. Partly because the actual DAT folding is more than just matching shading like the generators do. Actual pattern folding you can use strategies that eliminate answers that have pieces that aren't seen in the original unfolded paper (as suggested in the PAT videos). The practice test questions were closer to what I actually saw.