This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J7MickiesMom

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings Everyone! While doing a little research on the differences in pay between hospital and retail pharmacy technicians, I came across a post that I thought was interesting and worth looking into a bit further.

As an inpatient pharmacy technician, do you receive pay raises upon completion of additional in-house training, such as IV/TPN preparations? Also, for those residing in regulated states, did you receive a pay raise once you received your state license and became eligible for the 'Tech check Tech' role/responsibilities?

I was informed of the shift differential, overtime, weekend and holiday pay, but I'm curious to know if other fellow hospital pharmacy technicians have experienced the additional pay increases at the conclusion IV training, tech check Tech role, etc.

Appreciate your time and assistance

Members don't see this ad.

AT my former hospital all techs iv trained on hire no iv experience no interview. Raise for chemo train/cert. no tech check tech at that employer.