Paying for it all?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read the posts regarding moving to your new school etc.

My question is: How are you guys planning on paying for all those extra things? Like:

School Deposit (~$1500)
U-haul (~$700)
Apartment Fees (1st month rent/deposit)
Other deposits (power, gas?, etc..)

I plan on getting loans to pay for school, but (at least at my current school) refund checks are not available for about 3 weeks after classes start. As a graduate student I get $400/month and that does not go far.

Any sugestions?

Thanks,
premed1

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
there is no easy way to pay for those things. I opened a saving account a few months ago just so that I can save enough money for "moving" purposes.
I work = I get $ (& try to save some.)
Good luck--
Nicolas-

I went to my financial aid office here at USF and told them I needed to obtain the remainder of my loan potential. This amounted to several thousand dollars and it will allow me to cover the acceptance fee and move to NSU without stressing over finances.

sig1.gif

Most schools will extend what is called an "Emergency" short term loan at my school. They realize that you will have expenses like books that can't wait for your refund and will extend a loan that they will take out when they take your tuition from your loan amount.