Paying for school...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stayce

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello again. Now that I have been accepted to a PA program the real stress has begun. I am curious as to how students in the program paid for their education. Do student loans (Stafford, etc.) cover most of the expenses or did you end up footing a large portion of the bill? If so, how much in debt were you when you graduated? I have been researching scholarships but find that most are so exclusive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. THank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat, and would love to hear about the ins and outs of funding. The anxiety associated with getting accepted has been replaced with the emminent expenses (but who's complaining? :wink: )

I am sure not ready to complain that is for sure! Although the stress of coming up with appx $50,000 (tuition plus housing and books) could be a real challenge. I have heard of several programs that pay for part of your schooling if you sign a contract to work for them when you are finished, but the competition is very high for them. At this point I'm ready to start placing coffee cans at gas stations with a sign that reads "Please Help Pay for School!" If you come across anything helpful, please let me know and I'll do the same! Have a great day!

Members don't see this ad :)
check out the national health corps scholarships. they pay you a stipend while in school, pay for schooling and books, and you have to work for 2 years in a health professional shortage area when you are done(for reasonable salary).
also federal bureau of prisons will do the same thing if you are so inclined.

So Stayce, where did you get accepted?

As far as funding, I was told that accessgroup.org is a good source. I'm in the process of searching out other resources so if I find any that are worthy I'll be post'n 'em.

I was accepted to NYIT in New York. Cost of living is outrageous and the dorms are 50 minutes from the campus I will be attending. But I am so excited to start at such a wonderful school.

I will check out the website you gave me and some other info. I have found scholarships at <a href="http://www.scholarships.com," target="_blank">www.scholarships.com,</a> <a href="http://www.fastweb.com," target="_blank">www.fastweb.com,</a> and other scholarship searches and will keep you all posted about new things I find. Together, we can find the money it takes to pull through this process.