PBM ad campaign against pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KennethCool

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad


I can't believe the chutzpah of these PBM hucksters. They bring no value, but are starting an ad campaign against us.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow. Speechless. "Everyone" is against making PBMs pay more for drugs? The idea that PBMs are the underdog in the fight against high drug costs?

I am literally at a loss for words. The distortion of anything resembling the truth is just...I mean wow. PBMs are so, so smart. I mean why wouldn't the public believe that the evil pharmacists earning more than 110k per year are driving PBMs out of business (and maybe other small businesses as well)? The public doesn't know anything about PBMs, so sure, go ahead and claim you are a small business trying to single handedly bring down drug costs. It's so, so genius.

I feel like there must be a "truth in advertising" clause that is being broken. How far can you push subjective language until it stops bending and breaks?
 
Wow. Speechless. "Everyone" is against making PBMs pay more for drugs? The idea that PBMs are the underdog in the fight against high drug costs?

I am literally at a loss for words. The distortion of anything resembling the truth is just...I mean wow. PBMs are so, so smart. I mean why wouldn't the public believe that the evil pharmacists earning more than 110k per year are driving PBMs out of business (and maybe other small businesses as well)? The public doesn't know anything about PBMs, so sure, go ahead and claim you are a small business trying to single handedly bring down drug costs. It's so, so genius.

I feel like there must be a "truth in advertising" clause that is being broken. How far can you push subjective language until it stops bending and breaks?

Right I mean this is comically bad but you understand PBMs are never the payers? Like ever, with the exception of Optum fully insured business. The small businesses actually would be most affected by most state regulations due to ERISA laws.
 
Right I mean this is comically bad but you understand PBMs are never the payers? Like ever, with the exception of Optum fully insured business. The small businesses actually would be most affected by most state regulations due to ERISA laws.

I am just going by what the commercial told me dude! It clearly says that everyone is against making them pay more for drugs, except the evil overpaid independent pharmacy owner.