Pcat essay prompts!

Started by Smieling
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Smieling

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While practicing I realized I could receive questions that are (do you agree or disagree) on the pcat! How exactly is this a problem-solution essay, it sound more like a argumentative essay.

Can anyone please clarify this for me? and if anyone has a structure they follow for these kinds of essay I would really appreciate it if they could post it! (even if it's brief)
 
Kaplan books tend to break down essay type questions for you in terms of a structured response. One formula I've seen for an argument is to do introduction, two paragraphs for your argument, one paragraph why it could be argued the other way, and a conclusion indicating why your way is the best way.
 
The way I structured my essay was introduction paragraph with thesis, three paragraphs offering three solutions and counter examples in each paragraph, and a conclusion paragraph summarizing the three body paragraphs and restating the thesis. I got a 4.5 with this structure.

The Pearson exams come with writing section examples for each score, which are fairly helpful.