PCAT not required in CA or is it??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mistatwo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to apply to USC, UCSF, and UCSD for the fall 2008 application cycle, and these schools do not require the PCAT but does that mean I'm at a major disadvantage if I do not take the test?

Members don't see this ad.

UCSD and UCSF will not even look at your score if you send it to them.

USC on the other hand will take it into consideration, but it is not a requirement, I think its one of those "it can only help you" kind of deals.

If you are only applying to CA schools, it really is pointless. On the other hand, some out of state school really weight it heavily.

I'm going to apply to USC, UCSF, and UCSD for the fall 2008 application cycle, and these schools do not require the PCAT but does that mean I'm at a major disadvantage if I do not take the test?

I can attest to the statement that PCAT can only help you for USC but useless otherwise in CA.

I did well on PCAT, I wasn't interviewed by UCSF and UCSD. I was accepted rather fast by USC. I think my PCAT saved my butt because my GPA aint all that sexy.